22

Shayne POV

It felt like the whole world stopped spinning. I was sitting next to her, frozen with utter shock.

How could her dad do this to her? Courtney is the most beautiful person I've met in my whole life, both inside and out. She never deserves any of this!

It made me tear up too. Without any hesitation, I immediately leaned over to her and hugged her tightly.

I remembered when Jessica betrayed me and I was in a mess, Courtney gave me the same hug to comfort me.

The same feeling and the calmness is indescribable.

I wanted her to feel calm and comforted, therefore I gave her the same reassuring hug.

Courtney POV

Shayne immediately leaned over to me, opened his protective arms and hugged me tightly while tearing up a little himself.

In return, I hugged back, burying my face into his chest and cried hard. I can't take all the physical abuse anymore.

I just want to live happily and healthily! Is it to much to ask for?

After some ugly crying, Shayne softly lifted my head and looked deeply into my now red and puffy eyes.

I couldn't help it, but his eyes give me chills down my spine, and it's so soothing to look at.

"It's okay. I'll always be here for you." He whispered to me while gently wiping away my tears with his thumb.

I sniffed hard, and my eyes squeezed only to let more tears fall.

Courtney POV

I rested my head on Shayne's shoulder and let it all out. His shirt is wet by my tears, but he didn't care about it.

"I'm...so..sorry for...st-staining your...shirt.. I didn't...w-want...to...."

I managed to choke out between sobs. Luckily I didn't put makeup on so his shirt won't be ruined.

"It's okay. As long as you're happy, then I'm happy." Shayne whispered into my ear while softly patting my back, gradually calming me down after the emotional breakdown.

I wish we could stay in his warm embrace forever, and I'll never be scared or upset.

He is the only one that could cheer me up and pick up the broken shards for me and piece it back all together when I'm breaking.

Then it hit me.

For the first time in 17 years, I've opened up to a person about the scars inside of me.

I felt a strange sense of relief because finally I can share my unhappiness and burden with a person that laughed with me and cried with me, even when the whole world didn't seen to care about me.

If only...

I can tell him that I have feelings for him.

Shayne POV

Courtney's tears stained the shoulder area of my shirt as her head was resting on my shoulder, but I didn't care at all, because all I wanted is Courtney to be happy and healthy.

Seeing Courtney like this and hearing what had happened to her breaks my heart.

Suddenly I remembered something buried deep inside of me. My feelings towards her.

What should I do with them?