Nothing To Celebrate

Adam

I woke up in a wet bed.

Disoriented, I blinked and looked around the room until my eyes landed on my mom with a cup of water in her hand.

An empty cup.

"Normal moms wake their children up without water." I glared and ran my hands through my wet hair and she gave me a smile.

"I never said I was normal." She said before handing me a towel that was in her free hand. Her green eyes were filled with amusement.

"I have an alarm set mom." I groaned and she crossed her arm in front of her and she glared at me in a no-nonsense way.

"You pressed snooze twice." 

"No I didn't." I argued.

I probably did.

She rolled her eyes at me before turning on her heels and walking out of my room.

"Your father and I are going to start breakfast without you." She said before closing the door behind her. I laid back down on the pillow but quickly sat back up due to the wetness.

Disgusted, I got out of bed, I stripped off the wet sheets and pillowcase before making my way to my closet. Taking out my school uniform, I made my way to the bathroom to shower.

"There he is." Dad announced when I walked into the kitchen for breakfast. Chaos left his food bowl and made his way towards me.

"Good morning." I greeted before scratching behind his ears.

Chaos is my golden retriever that I adopted last year at the animal shelter. Against my parents knowledge. They weren't too happy when they came home from work and there was a dog on their couch. But it didn't take long for them to fall in love with his sweet face.

"Wash your hands before sitting down

"Wash your hands before sitting down." Mom scolded before I sat down. Walking to the sink, I washed my hands before taking my seat at the table.

"Was it water this morning?" Dad asked and I nodded.

"There are normal ways to wake someone up." I looked at mom and she gave me a small smile.

"Honey, I tried for half an hour. The water was the last resort." She explained with a laugh.

Okay, so maybe I have a problem with waking up in the morning.

"Still." I muttered before eating a forkful of eggs. I ripped off a chunk off my bacon before sneaking it under the table to Chaos.

"I like the uniform." Mom complimented before sipping her coffee.