I'm sorry please don't leave!

********* 1 month later*********

     I skip down the stairs. The second I get to the bottom one I launch myself at Drake. He is standing at the bottom step. Shea is standing beside him talking to Red. Lizzie and Ren are bugging the crap out of Jake. He and Ren admitted to being mates and now they are always together. Thomas and his group are still at their homes spending time with their families. Hayden and I haven’t gotten into an actual fight yet. He’s not too happy about me staying an assassin. But he hasn’t said anything yet. Shea and Drake are now engaged. Drake proposed to Shea about a week after I met Hayden.

   “Emmet is there any reason you are on my back,” Drake asks.

   “Um no,” I say shrugging as I slide off his back. Hayden walks into the room and I am on his back in a millisecond. He puts his hands under my thighs to keep me in place. I wrap my arms and legs tightly around him. My chin rests on his shoulder. He turns his head slightly and presses a soft kiss to my temple. Sparks shoot through my body.

   “Hey angel,” he whispers.I hug him tighter. He has been gone on pack buisness for a few days now and I missed him like crazy.

   "I missed you," I mumble.

   "I missed you too love," he says quietly as he slides me around to the front of him. He presses his lips to mine as I wrap my arms around his neck and tangle my hands in his hair. There is a cough behind us pulling us out of our kiss.

   “So I have another mission for you guys. This one is a little bit more dangerous. Ren, Emmet, and Lizzie, you guys will be in the field. Ren and Emmet will be the distractions. You will need to get the keys and thumbprints to get into the vault. Lizzie you will need to help with distractions and also hiding their scents. Drake you will need to be there for backup incase anything goes wrong. This is your kind we’re dealing with. Shea and Isabelle need to be behind the scenes. Give security codes and directions through the castle. Like I said this is a bit more dangerous than usual but not the worst one. We need to meet up at the agency in two days to hand out and explain everything. Until then go enjoy your time off for now,” Red says looking at us. He nods to Lizzie and everyone is flashed back to their homes.

   “So what do you want to do today,” I ask kissing Hayden’s neck. He doesn’t say anything. His body stays stiff. He walks up to our room silently. He slams the door shut and tosses me on to the bed. And let me tell you it wasn’t that gentle. “You ok babe,” I ask raising an eyebrow. He paces back and forth by the edge of the bed. His eyes flash to mine and they hold a lot of anger. I flinch back from them involuntarily.

   “Am I ‘ok’? Hell no. I’m not ok,” he growls out lowly. I look at him in shock and confusion. He has never growled at me; except when it’s playful. He is definitely NOT being playful today.

   “What’s wrong,” I ask quietly. His eyes flash to mine once more. Even more anger fills them.

   “What’s wrong? My mate is an assassin and risks her life every week. How do you think I feel about that? Knowing that I could lose you at any given moment! I want you to quit. I couldn’t live with myself if I lost you,” he growls looking me directly in the eyes. His eyes show both anger and sadness.

   “I’m not quitting. Until I met you my job was all I had left after my parents died. You can be mad at me all you want but I'm not quitting,” I growl standing up.