Chapter 1 - Rise Captain Ana Torres

~~~

DISTRICT 71

BATTLE EARTH

~~~

Chapter 1: Rise Captain Ana Torres

“Torres! Are you listening!?”

That was Major Megara informing Ana Torres to go to the central bunker.

“Captain!”

The major called again.

It took five minutes for Ana to realize what was happening. She can already clearly hear the alarm and finally she looked at Major Megara.

“Major Megara –Sir!”

“Captain Torres, did you hear my instructions?”

“Sorry Sir.”

Ana said in a soft but strong voice.

“You have to go to the central bunker now. You are still off-duty so I’ll just ask you to lead the remaining residents to the central bunker.”

The major knew that now was a hard time for the captain. Ana has been his best captain and Ana’s platoon was the strongest and the best platoon the district had until a month ago when a tragedy struck Ana that made her lost her will to survive and probably lost the purpose of her life. The major knew that the district lost certain strength when he gave Ana an off-duty order until she fully recovers.

“I understand Sir.”

There was a short silence and she asked the major as to what was her platoon doing.

“Your platoon is at the East Gate.”

The major answered.

When she realized that her platoon was fighting the front row again, she clutched the locket of her necklace and she stood up. She picked-up the leather satchel that contains a pair of delicate antique-looking shining metal –her butterfly swords.

“Sir, permission to go on-duty, Sir!”

With full and brave heart, Ana asked the major.

“Are you sure you are now ready Torres?”

The major asked.

“Sir, yes Sir!”