Chapter 9 - Rendezvous

Author's Comment: I apologize if there are wrong grammars. I don't have editors so I may not be aware of my mistakes. You may correct me anytime using the comment below. ^_^

Also, I maybe using different military radio codes in this chapter and the coming chapters, I really don't have any idea on radio communication and you might misunderstood the calls, sorry for that - please bear with me. (Anyway, I also wrote the long term so that you can understand them.)

~~~

DISTRICT 71

BATTLE EARTH

~~~

Chapter 9: Rendezvous

Few weeks later...

“Perez!”

That was Simon.

“Perez! Where are you!?”

He was calling his name. He lost him –his fighting partner. He was leaning beside a tree. He was bleeding and hardly able to walk. He was one hundred thirty-five meters away west of the district and there was blood everywhere.

They were ambushed by a new species of monsters.

~~~

6 hours earlier...

The district alarm was suddenly heard while everybody was still sleeping.

Ana was awakened and glanced at the clock. It was just 0415 in the morning. Then she heard a loud scream coming from the outside of their dormitory.

Is it another attack...

She thought.

She was changing into military outfit when she heard a knock.

“Captain! Are you awake?”

It was Jonas.

She was halfway on doing her buttons when she opened the door.

“What is going on Jimenez?”

Upon seeing that Ana was not yet done with the buttons of her blouse, he turned around. He was blushing.

“I... I am sorry Captain. There was a fire at the civilians’ quarters northern part of the district.”

“Okay, give me a sec.”

She closed the door and tucked her blouse after doing her buttons. She grabbed her sword satchel and she placed one pistol on each of her gun pockets.

She opened the door and joined Jonas to find the others as well as to look for Major Megara for further instructions.

They arrived at the formation ground and found other platoons waiting for instructions from higher officials. The fire was far from their current location but they can already see the smoke. Major Megara arrived and called all the captains of the East Wing platoons.

“The West Wing platoons already covered the fire. The South Wing platoons are evacuating the civilians at the bunker. The East Wing platoons will cover the security. As you know, the fire and the noises are going to attract subjects from different location. I need you to cover and secure all areas. Once the WW and SW platoons are cleared they will join you on your locations. We need to cover the security in 2400 hours.”

The platoon six was positioned at Area 11 of the East Wing. Six members including First Lieutenant Jimenez were positioned with a tank just before the wired-gate and after the cemented wall. Another six members including Second Lieutenant Martinez were positioned at the top of cemented wall as lookout and sniper. The rest of the platoon was on standby. The captains including Ana were positioned at their EW Headquarters for monitoring and awaiting reports.