Chapter 5 - Just Watching You

~~~

DISTRICT 71

BATTLE EARTH

~~~

Chapter 5: Just Watching You

That evening when everybody was inside their quarters, Ana was alone at their dormitory gym. She has to keep up with the lost days without training. She was doing punches for an hour now. When she was finished, she went to the locker and found Jonas sitting at one of the bench.

“Jimenez, how long have you been there?”

She asked.

“I’m sorry Captain, I can’t sleep so I decided to tire myself but I saw you here.”

“So how long have you been watching me?”

It’s been years Ana...

He thought to himself.

“I’m sorry Captain, it’s not my intention to watch you...”

Jonas answered while stuttering.

“Okay, then why didn’t you just join me? You could have been my sparring partner.”

Jonas smiled and offered Ana a bottled water.

Jonas was a good-looking guy. He was tall and his body was muscularly fit, well worked-out, as it seems. Most women in the district –both in the army and civilians, tried their best to flirt with him but none of them succeeded. His focus was only in the army –Ana.

As soon as they finished drinking their bottled water, Jonas walked Ana to her room. She said thanks and bid him good night as she closed the door.

Jonas spent a couple of seconds before he leaned on the wall and slowly sat beside Ana’s door. He sighed and closed his eyes.

Ana..

If Daniella didn’t die, he would be caring for two people now –the little girl and Ana. For the past two years, his affection for Ana grew deep. He only not respected her because of her position but he respected her as a woman... and each passing day that he feels her sadness every time he looks her in the eyes, he was putting so much effort in holding up his feelings. He’s afraid that one day he might lose his control and tell her what he feels. After containing himself, he stood up and walked towards his quarters.