Chapter 12 - The Past

Author's Comment: I apologize if there are wrong grammars. I don't have editors so I may not be aware of my mistakes. You may correct me anytime using the comment below. ^_^

~~~

DISTRICT 71

BATTLE EARTH

~~~

Chapter 12: The Past

Ana was outside the door of the infirmary where Simon was resting. She was looking at the sleeping lieutenant from the glass window. There were tubes injected in his body to treat the contamination from the bitten part of his shoulder. He was sleeping for the past 23 hours and Ana can’t stop worrying.

She sat at the waiting bench next to the door and Jonas arrived.

“Captain, I’ll wait here. As soon as Martinez wake up, I’ll inform you right away. You need to rest.”

Jonas said to Ana.

“Thank you, Jimenez but I can’t sleep either.”

Ana answered.

Jonas sat beside Ana. He did not utter any word, as the captain would appreciate the peace and quiet of that moment until Simon wakes up.

After an hour, Jonas was able to sleep in sitting position with his head leaning at the wall while Ana stayed at the door looking inside from the glass window.

“Jimenez!”

She shouted when she saw Simon moved and finally waking up.

“Jimenez! Martinez is already awake! Quick! Call the doctor!”

She commanded her lieutenant who almost fell from the bench upon suddenly waking up.

“Yes, Captain.”

Jonas said.

Ana opened the door and run towards Simon.

“Simon! Simon how are you feeling?”

Ana asked Simon.

“Ana.”

Simon called Ana while smiling.

“I’m OK. My head just hurts –but I’m really ok. I’m glad I can still see you.”

“Oh Simon!”

Ana hugged her best friend tightly. Just as she released him, Jonas and the doctor came.

“How are you feeling Lieutenant Martinez?”

The doctor asked Simon.

“My head hurts a little, but I think I’m fine.”

Simon answered the doctor.

“Your head will definitely hurt from the medicines that we gave you as well as from sleeping one whole day.”

The doctor said with a smile.

“Your wounds are still open so I suggest you refrain from training and exercises for a week – I believe the captain understand that.”

The doctor added while looking at Ana.

“Of course doctor.”

Ana said with a smile.

“The visitors may stay a little bit but you should let the patient rest for a while, I am understood?”

“Yes, doctor... and thank you.”

The doctor went out of the room leaving the three inside.

“Hey, Martinez? Are you really okay?”