2 > ブラインド

>>><<<

Michael kept glancing at his wristwatch counting down the minutes and even seconds till his coworker would come and take over.

Since Easter was around the corner he was able to go home for a week. And he couldn't wait to go.

It got easier each day but the city was just too loud sometimes and he got lonely.

He already had his suitcase below the counter even though he probably wouldn't catch the first train and would have to wait another hour for the next one.

Working the middle shift on a Friday was hard. Especially since everyone's idea of spending first day of the weekend was coming to see the animals.

Michael only worked weekdays so on Fridays the shifts were split in three.

They had regular costumers and normally he was very good with faces. A tall, wide-shouldered guy with blond curls has been in the shop for a few minutes but Michael couldn't place him.

He picked up a stack of cat and dog wet and dry food before carrying everything to the counter.

"Hello." Michael smiled before starting to scan the products.

The stranger smiled at him. "Hi." After he paid and Michael was ready to say goodbye he noticed the man staring at him.

"Are you Michael?"

Maybe he knew Michael as well. "I am.. Do we know each other?"

The guy laughed. "No, no. I'm Jack, my baby brother came here last week to get some food for his dog and apparently you helped him with it?"

The black haired boy frowned, confused.

"He's blind," Jack explained.

"Oh. Luke right?"

Now Michael knew why he looked so familiar, he was basically the older version of the boy who came around a few days ago.

"Yeah. Thanks for helping him, he was so excited when mum told him he got the right food by himself."

Michael grinned. "No problem, that's what I'm here for."

Jack shook his head. "I know, but Luke isn't the best with people and he easily gets frustrated when trying to communicate. It was really nice of you."

"Seriously, it's fine. It was a cool experience for me as well. How is he?"

Michael had no idea why he was trying to make the conversation out of it.

"He's fine. A bit moody because of Sky."

"His pup? Why? He's adorable."

"Yeah well.." Jack laughed. "Luke isn't a fan of dogs."

Michael raised his brows and leaned against the counter. "Wait, what? Then why does he have one?"

He wasn't one to judge people over their animal preferences. Michael just didn't understand why would someone who doesn't like dogs get one.

"It's a long story. He's going to university next year and he refused on getting online classes. My parents then gave him the ultimate that he needs to get a dog to help him with navigating around the campus."

"I mean that's a smart idea, but he can't depend on someone he doesn't like. I don't even know how this works but I imagine there needs to be a lot of trust between a guide dog and their person."

Jack nodded. "That's why we got him a younger dog that lives with us but goes to training every day. He's been with us for four months already and him coming here last week was the first trip they took together."

"I hope they made it home safely."

"They did, it was a miracle really, this pet shop is the farthest from our home but for some reason his phone navigation choose this one."

A miracle indeed, Michael thought.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, why did you come here as well?"

"Well our Lukey made us all promise to only buy food here."

"Why?"

Jack laughed. "Because a very nice and kind Michael works here."

"Oh." Michael blushed. "Well, I'm flattered."

"It's nothing. You made Luke's day and this is the least we can do."

Michael looked out and saw Amy, his coworker already on her way to the store.

"I gotta go now, but I guess I'll see you around?"

"Yeah, definitely."

Michael nodded and pulled out his bag from under the counter.

"I'll bring Luke with me next time, I'm sure he'd love to smell some more dog food." He laughed.

"Definitely." Michael grinned.

"Bye."

Michael was already making a mental note to find out more about blindness and guide dogs on his train trip.

>>><<<

To anyone I've talked to regarding Little Lion Man I apologize because there's been a change of plans. That's all I'll say. (-;

Thoughts?

How are you liking this so far?

How are you?

Love, Lucija ♡