7 > slep

GO AND PRE-ORDER YOUNGBLOOD ♡

>>><<<

If asked later, Michael would describe him waking up that day as waking up when you're sick or extremely hungover.

At first, his eyes would not open at all, his mind was a step before the body and when his eyes opened Michael's brain already registered the distinctive hospital smell.

His body was raised up and the blinds closed which helped with his eyes getting adjusted to everything faster.

The beeping sound that was already annoying him even though it indicated that he was alive.

What also made him feel alive was a strong pain that was spread through the right side of his abdomen.

Was he getting his appendix removed? Was that the reason he was in the hospital?

Michael tried to think hard. What was the last thing he remembered?

Luke.

He remembered screaming Luke's name.

Michael's heart rate together with the monitor sound became faster. Fast enough for some sort of alarm to go off and Michael was feeling like he'll get a heart attack at any moment.

Two nurses and a doctor rushed into the room and started talking to him but the only thing Michael could word out was Luke.

His sight went foggy but he saw one of the nurses inject something in a tube that was connected to his arm.

Michael then fell asleep again.

><

Waking up for the second time was different. Easier.

Like he was waking up to go and see something exciting but he didn't get enough of sleep.

"Mikey!"

The second he opened his eyes, Karen, Michael's mum rushed to the bed.

"Oh, my sweet boy." She cried as she kissed his forehead.

"How do you feel baby? Do I need to call the doctor?"

Michael stared at her, understanding the words she was saying but just couldn't comprehend what she wanted from him. He wasn't sure how he felt.

"Michael." His mum said louder, grabbing his face so hard it almost hurt. "Can you hear me?"

"Where's Luke?"

Karen sighed and the worry disappeared from her face.

"He's fine, he wasn't injured just in shook. He was here before..."

The rest of what was said Michael didn't hear.

Injured.

He looked away from her and looked over his body. It was covered with a blanket so he couldn't determine if maybe he was injured.