3 > cego

don't forget to vote and comment; enjoy! (:

>>><<<

Michael was feeling nervous and excited for the past three days.

Words couldn't describe how much he loved animals and after just being home in the countryside he realized how deep the love actually was. Indescribable but deep.

His uncle's cow was in the calf and he couldn't wait for his cousin to send him cute videos and pictures of the little calf.

He just loved animals.

Michael realized he had plenty of them in the store and they actually needed his love and attention. At least that's what he told himself.

It was just after lunch and bunnies already had their naps so that meant they were in cuddle mode. Again a theory Michael made up himself.

He sold bird food to another customer and when they left he rushed towards the stalls.

"Cuddle time," Michael said, realizing if anyone was there they'd thought he was weird.

What he didn't know was that somebody was there.

"I love cuddles."

Michael jumped in place and turned towards the entrance.

It was Luke.

After the blind boy didn't get the answer after a few seconds his face expression changed. "Hello?"

"Hi. Yeah sorry. Hi." Michael smiled. "You scared me."

Luke chuckled. "You should get one of those automatic bells that ring when somebody enters."

"It would probably scare the animals. And it's just my fault that I'm not observant enough. What can I help you with?"

Luke moved his cane left to right, trying to orientate himself in the space before taking a step forward. "My brother told me my presence was required the next time we'd need dog food. Apparently, you requested it."

Michael frowned as he wasn't sure what Jack, Luke's brother said to Luke and what he meant with that.

"Yeah." He tried to think fast. "I told him that you and your dog are always welcomed here."

"Oh. Sky is at school." Luke explained. "So sorry it's just me."

Michael stepped a bit forward realizing how stupid he sounded. "No, no. Just you is fine as well. You can help me pet the bunnies if you'd want to?"

Luke smiled and Michael wondered if that was something he learned as he couldn't see other people smiling as a baby. But he didn't know shit about Luke's blindness in the first place.

"Do you want to sit on the floor or on a chair?" Michael asked and gently grabbed Luke's elbow once the blond boy asked him for help.

"Um, how do you normally pet them?"

"Sitting, but the floor isn't the warmest to sit on."