10 > blind

It got colder when they decided to go back to Michael's house.

It took a lot of convincing but finally Luke agreed on taking Michael's jacket. Michael put his hand on Luke's shoulders as they walked slowly back.

Just as the Clifford residence was seen through the bushes the couple could hear a dog barking.

Luke smiled widely and called his companion.

Sky started to run towards them and nearly made all three of them collapse as he started to jump around the injured and the blind boy.

Michael's mum made them go inside and covered them both with blankets so they could warm up while she'd prepare the dinner.

Instead of cuddling with his owner, Sky decided to lay on top of Michael.

"I think he likes me more than you do." Michael laughed as he noticed how far away from him Luke sat down.

"That's unlikely." The younger of the two whispered and blushed.

"Then why did you sit down all the way there?"

Luke whispered. "Your mum."

"What, did my mum told you to stay away from me?" Michael chuckled.

The blush on Luke's cheeks became more prominent and the green-eyed boy thought he was absolutely beautiful.

"No. I just thought it'd be weird."

"Well it's not and I can see you shivering over there so come here and cuddle us."

It took a minute of silence but Luke moved over and gladly snuggled against Michael who seemed to be always warm.

By the time dinner was done and Karen wanted to call them to the kitchen all three of them were already asleep.

><

"Mikey?"

Michael slowly opened his eyes. Was he dreaming? Or was someone calling his name?

"Mikey?"

He turned around and managed to see his bedroom door were open. From the little light he got from outside he managed to spot Luke there.

"Luke? What are you doing here? Are you okay?"

His voice was groggy and his mind confused but he quickly stood up to grab Luke's hand.

"I couldn't sleep." The younger boy admitted. "I'm used to sleeping with Pea."

Michael's face relaxed. "Do you want to sleep with me?"

Luke nodded and Michael slowly walked him to his bed. He first tucked Luke in before joining him on the other side.

"You could just stay here in the first place," Michael whispered. His whole body was facing Luke, who was just lying on his back. "My parents wouldn't think anything about it."

"I know. Karen thought that I'd sleep here anyway."

"Really?"