4 > sokea

>>><<<

"We're here."

Michael checked again on his phone that they really were at the correct address.

Luke started collecting his own things and turned into Michael's direction.

"Thanks again. I'm sorry to ruin your afternoon..."

"Luke it's fine, really. I'd never let you go home without your cane. I'm not blind but I'm sure that's too dangerous."

For the past month, Luke has been a regular visitor at the pet shop. Not just when Michael was working. Amy, Michael's coworker also liked Luke's company and all the animals seemed to love Luke.

Luke would come alone, he either had one of his family members to drop him off and he normally left alone, whenever he felt like it. That was whenever he had to pick Sky up from his school.

Michael once went with him to see the black and white pup and he was more than pleased when he found out Luke and Sky were getting along better as the dog grew.

This day, Luke forgot his cane and the only people home were Luke's mum and his brother's girlfriend. None of them had a car to pick him up.

Luckily, that week Michael came to the city with his car as he drove a new bed his dad made for him to his city apartment.

"Do you need help getting inside?"

Luke hugged all of his belongings which included multiple bags of cat treats and one bag of dog treats.

"No, I know my house. I know exactly how many steps I need to take to get to the steps and then from the porch to the door."

"That's so smart." Michael praised. He really should use Luke's trick for when his kept closing when he woke up too early for his taste. It would save his pinky toe a lot of pain.

He told Luke to wait anyway as he jumped out of his car and walked around it to open to door for him.

Luke gripped tightly to all of his stuff and when Michael told him he did indeed get everything they said their goodbyes.

Michael returned to his car, while not letting Luke from his sight to make sure he made it to his house safely.

He didn't even come to the main road yet when his phone rang. Michael pulled over, seeing it was Luke. Maybe he forgot something.

"Hi."

"Oh hi. I thought you won't going to answer because you're already in the car. Wait, you're not driving are you?"

Michael smiled. "No, I stopped. What's up?"

"Oh, okay. My mum wanted me to invite you over for dinner. You can come now if you don't have any plans or tomorrow or the day after."

"Mm. Sure? I can come over now. Is there any particular reason or?"

"She just wants to meet the reason I don't stay at home all day."

A large smile appeared on Michael's face. "Okay, I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

><