5 > aveugle

tw: violence (mentioned) - do not read if you're feeling anxious at the moment!

>>><<<

Luke laughed at yet another joke Michael told him about hamsters.

"What do you call a hamster that can't run a wheel?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders but was already smiling, knowing the joke will be funny.

"A hamateur."

The giggling that erupted from both boys mouth made Sky, who was previously just lying on the floor stand up and walked to where Luke was sitting.

"Hey, big boy." Luke patted the dog who licked his hand.

"Your turn," Michael told the blind boy when he was out of jokes. Plus he had to take the chance to put all the dog food on the shelves now that Sky was too busy with his owner.

"Umm. I'm not that funny."

Michael smiled to himself. "Well if you start all of your jokes like that.."

"I lower people's expectations hoping I'll exceed them. Plus they feel bad for me and laugh anyway."

"Dork." Michael snorted.

He learned quickly Luke liked to make fun of his disability in order to make others more comfortable. He didn't want to be treated differently. Except when he was able to board the plane first. The downside to that was that he had to wait for everyone to leave when they arrived at their final destination.

"Okay I have a few, but they're all very lame. But please laugh otherwise I'll send my scary dog after you."

"Hit me up."

Michael leaned against the counter looking at how Luke was absentmindedly stroking Sky's black fur.

"Have you seen Helen Keller's dog?"

Michael was already laughing when he said no.

"Well." Luke paused for the dramatic effect. "Neither has she."

Michael's loud laughter scared away Luke's dog who almost pulled Luke from the chair.

"I should have guessed this one."

"Thank god you didn't. Then I'd have one joke less to drag out my sleeve."

"I demand another one."

Luke's nose scrunched up like it always did when he was thinking, or laughing or talking to Michael about something he disliked. Michael knew Luke disliked strong smells and loud crowds. He wouldn't admit it out loud to anyone, but Michael started to wear less cologne since Luke told him that.

"I'll tell you another one and then I'm done for the day. So tell me, Michael." Luke smirked. "Why don't blind people skydive?"

"I have absolutely no idea."

"Because it scares the heck out of their dogs."

Michael's laugh was like music to Luke's ears. And Sky? Well, when he heard the word dog he let out a little whine that got Luke a bit worried.

"I think he's thirsty." He stated and climbed off the chair and located his cane. It wasn't hard since it was exactly where he had left it.

Luke grabbed his backpack and fished out a water dish and a water bottle. "Oh, I forgot to fill it in the morning."

"I can go and fill it for you." Michael offered.

"No, no. I'll go, just watch Sky for me."

Michael agreed. "Sure. Do you know where the bathroom is?"

"Twenty-seven steps right and then fifteen left."

"Call me on the phone if you'll need anything."

"I'm a big boy." Luke joked.

When Luke left Michael laughed again. He loved having an uncomplicated friend, someone who just wanted to be friends and no other fuss about it.

He realized Luke was going home in half an hour and he still had an important question to ask him. They've been friends for a month or so now and Michael's mum was already nagging him about when Luke would come and visit. Karen, Michael's mum was actually a social worker who worked with disabled kids who had troubles with fitting in. Normally by their own fault and Michael was afraid she'd ask a few too many questions. Even though he now knew how much Luke liked to answer questions. And ask them as well.

He just casually asked Michael if he was single the other day and for once Michael was happy Luke couldn't see how red his face had become.

"You know what Sky?" Michael asked the dog and kneeled in front of him in order to rub his belly. "You have an adorable owner."

The animal seemed to enjoy his rubs but in a second turned around and stood up.

"What's wrong?" Michael frowned. All the mice started to squeal and soon enough Sky started barking.

Michael stood up as well and turned around, between all the howling and squealing he heard people screaming. Seconds later the store alarm went on.

When Michael heard the first gunshots he ran towards the bathroom with only Luke on his mind.

>>><<<

Keep breathing and remember that I love you!

Thoughts?

Who won the best joke of the day award?

The end of the chapter?

Expectations?

Love, Lucija ♡

p.s.: songs in the media are what I currently jam to, they have nothing to do with the chapters.