Akumatized Ladybug

I was fiddling with the necklace I had on. My brother gave it to me last Christmas. Yes I have a brother, he lived in Paris with my grandpa. Wanna know why?

He was Cat Noir.

"Why do you have that necklace on?"

"My brother gave it to me," I answer Adrien's question as I sit beside him on his couch.

"You have a brother?"

"Had"

"What happened?"

I sigh, knowing I would have to tell him eventually. Because of my brother, I was able to meet Adrien. But I also fear the worst. That the same thing that's happened to my brother will happen to him.

"My brother used to be the owner of... the cat miraculous, after it belonged to my father," he seems a little shocked but does not interrupt my story. "But, Hawk Moth got to him. He was killed when fighting an akumatized villain. Luckily Ladybug was there to grab the miraculous. After the death of her partner, her love, she couldn't continue on with being Ladybug. She gave my grandpa the miraculous, meaning he had to find two more people who were worthy of holding them. Because of my brothers death... I met you"

I look him in the eyes, he seems very sad. He wraps me in a hug, tears start to fall from my eyes at the memory. My face wrested on his shoulder.

Now I know why grandpa won't let me have a miraculous. He doesn't want to lose me like he lost my brother.

"Adrien, Hawk Moth akumatized Ladybug. You need to go," Plagg speaks up.

Ladybug?Marinette! This can't be good.

"Adrien, be careful," I say as he transforms, giving me a quick kiss and jumping out the window.

I watch the news. Cat was fighting an akumatized Ladybug. They were on the Eiffel Tower, both swinging with their weapons. I needed to do something. I sprint to my grandpa, knowing he would tell me what to do.

"There is only one thing you can do, and I do not wish to do it"

"Please grandpa! My best friend and boyfriend are fighting! If I don't do something one of them will end up dead!"

He sighs and puts a box in between us. It was a box that held some miraculous. He picks up the fox miraculous and places it around my neck. He seems very hesitant, not wanting to put my life at danger. A kwami appears, saying their name was Trixx. They tell me how to use the power and I leave immediately, wanting to stop the fight. I transform into a fox like outfit and run over the roofs.

This is what it must be like to be Ladybug and Cat. I feel so free!

I stop at the Eiffel Tower, the fight still ongoing. I jump behind Ladybug and grab the earrings from her ears, careful to be quiet and quick. Luckily, with my flute, I made an illusion. I made multiple Cat Noirs, making Ladybug confused. I smash the earrings and grab the butterfly, making sure it doesn't fly out of my hands in the time it takes Ladybug to transform back to her normal hero form.

Her suit becomes a red and black spotted one once again. I tell her about the akuma in my hand and she does what she does. They both look at me when everything goes back to normal, wondering who I was. They could tell I wasn't Volpina, she had long hair.

"Hey guys, nice to see you again," I wave, laughing at their confused faces.

"What do you mean by again?" Cat asks.

I smirk and de-transform. It wouldn't hurt for them to know I helped, since grandpa was probably going to take my miraculous afterwards anyway. They seem shocked, but Cat comes and engulfs me in a hug, thanking me for saving him.

"Don't worry about it," I then look at Ladybug, she also says her thanks.

They both leave and I stand looking over Paris. The sun was going down. The sunset looked like the one I painted in my bedroom. I say goodbye to Trixx as I transform one more time going back to my grandpa's. I knew he'd take it away. But I wanted to feel free for a little longer.

I take the long way back to his house, thinking about their lives. The secret that they have to keep. From the public, their parents, best friends, even each other. I wouldn't be able to do that, it seems difficult.

Ladybug and Cat Noir will always be there for the city. Marinette and Adrien will always be there for me.