Prologue

Long ago, humans gave belief to the existence of spirits. The humans depended on these spirits to give them the sky, the dawn, and even the sun. These spirits would bring them the morning, hold back the night, and open the skies. They gave light to the Earth and gave sight to their eyes. Furthermore, humans knew that these spirits would be with them from the beginning of time until time would become undone. These spirits were known as Mother Nature and Father Time, but alas, they were not the only spirits that roamed the Earth.

In the hot deserts, savannahs, and volcanic areas of the Earth, a fire spirit summoned the blistering heat that would occur during each day. In the lakes, rivers, oceans, and any area that held water, a water spirit pushed and pulled the water to create new pathways for the water to travel. In the sky and the poles of the Earth, an air spirit controlled the airstreams of the east, west, south, and north winds that traveled the entire Earth. Throughout the Earth, there was one spirit that cared for the Earth itself. The earth spirit was the one who created the large valleys, the towering mountains, and even the lush forests. Together, these spirits were known as the elemental spirits of earth, air, water, and fire. These spirits were the children of Mother Nature. They lived under the guidance and leadership of their mother along with Father Time. However, Father Time had no relation to the elemental spirits except for the fact that he was in a loving relationship with Mother Nature and ruled alongside her.

Humans could not necessarily see these spirits, but they knew they were there. The humans would see the different creations in nature that the spirits would create and sometimes they would hear the whispers of the spirits. This was why they would pray to the spirits and worship them as if they were gods. Humans usually prayed for the basic necessities such as a bountiful harvest or rainfall, but the elemental spirits did their best to tend to these needs unless they were given orders otherwise. However, this story is not about the humans and their daily lives revolving around the spirits they worshiped. This story is about the elemental spirits.