Chapter 13

As Terra curled into a ball of self-defeat, she noticed a figure walking toward her. Terra pushed down all of her emotions and struggled to stand in order to face whatever fight she would have to fight. However, as soon as she stood up, black spots appeared in her vision and a wave of dizziness overcame her. She felt her legs wobble and her stance being to waver. Terra felt herself fall to the ground, but it was as if everything was in slow motion. Frantic, Terra looked for the figure to find it was standing right above her. However, her vision was slowly darkening and getting blurry. She watched as the figure bent down with their hands outreached toward her before the darkness had finally overpowered her.

"Do you think she's going to be okay?" Terra heard a muffled voice asked through the darkness. As Terra became aware of her surroundings, she found that she was lying in a bed. Terra decided to keep her eyes closed until she figured out exactly was going on.

"She will be fine. She just needs rest right now, but she is lucky to have survived." A voice answered the muffled sounding voice from a second ago. However, Terra was able to recognize this voice as one of the medical elves which must have meant that she was back at Mother Nature's palace.

"What about Ustrina, Aura, and Aqua? Aevum, you couldn't find them?" Another elf asked. This was a voice that Terra actually knew. It was Aura's friend Aria. Terra suddenly got very nervous. How was she going to explain that Ustrina killed them? She still could not believe that her sisters were actually dead.

"No, I talked to Terra earlier that day about the rising threat and she wanted to confront the suspect herself. I waited awhile for her to come back, but she never did. I figured she would come back to give me information. Suddenly, I received a vision and it was her extremely hurt in the desert. So I made my way there and found her barely conscious." Aevum explained as Terra silently wondered why he did not tell the elves who they thought the suspect could have been. Terra also wondered where Ustrina was because she had thought Ustrina had gone after Gaia and Aion.

"I guess we have to wait until Terra wakes up to find out what happened." Aria sighed as Terra heard the door to the infirmary open.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but Father Aion and Mother Gaia have called an emergency meeting. Everyone must go to the throne room right now." Another voice filled the room as Terra realized it was another elf.

"Alright. Renna, will Terra be okay if she is left alone for a few minutes?" Aevum asked the medical elf as Terra hear the other elf shut the door and leave the room.

"She seems to have stabilized so she should be alright." Renna replied as the sound of rustling papers echoed in the room.

"We should go. Kaylin said that it was an emergency." Aria urged as she opened the door and ushered the others to come along. Aevum and Renna then exited the room and Terra heard the door shut behind them.

Terra waited a moment until she was sure she was completely alone. Once she decided she was, she slowly opened her eyes. She found that she was in the recovery room in the medical ward of Mother Nature's palace. She examined all of herself and found that there were lots of bandages around her arms, legs, and even her neck. She touched her face to find there were even bandages there too. She even noticed that she was dressed in different clothes. She was now wearing a plain night gown that had long loose sleeves. She began to wonder what the elves had done with her regular clothes. None of the elementals had ever been in the medical ward so the elves must not have known that they were fast healers. Most of her injuries were already healed so there was really no point in wearing the bandages. Terra began to take them off when she remembered Aura and Aqua's stones. After she quickly took off the bandages, she searched for the necklaces. She quickly looked over at the nightstand next to her bed and found her dress folded neatly with her small satchel placed in the center of her clothes. She looked in her little pouch that she used to carry small objects and found Aqua's stone. However, she could not find Aura's. Terra stood up from the bed and began to search the room for the necklace. As she searched the room, Terra heard the door open. Terra stopped her search and turned around to face whoever came into the room. There stood a surprised Aevum who ran to Terra and embraced her in his arms.