15. Two Sides

"Why the hell were you a demon? You're supposed to be a angel."

  I lecture Amanda, forgetting that everyone from the colony was watching. I bare my teeth angrily at the weakened girl, feeling guilty for everything she has caused. Even if I can't see, I can still feel her energy.

  "....s-sorry...."

  Amanda's voice was so hoarse from all of the roaring and screaming when she was out of control. Tears started swelling through the crevices of her beautiful tan brown eyes. Before she can speak once more, I place a finger upon her hardened lips.

  "Shhh...please...don't speak anymore."

  I lift the weakened femme, and bring her back to our room. Amanda moans and groans, and I tell her it is going to be okay. Elivia, Parker, Eugene, and Turiq follow me back to my room. I suspect they're going to help me tend to Amanda's throbbing wounds.

()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Ow! Ugh. Please. Just, I'll be fine."

  I can barely hear Amanda's voice. All I heard was squeaking.

  "Sh. Hush you."

  Elivia shoves a spoon full of herb medicine into Amanda's mouth. I chuckle at Amanda's facial expression. Whilst dabbing medicine onto my girl's chest and collarbone, I comfort her by rubbing her forehead.

  Once finished wrapping her now cooled down wounds, I sit with her and keep her calm. Whilst running my hands through her hair, I feel...two dull bumps sticking out of her head. I pull away and just stare at Amanda.

  "Baby...you...you're sprouting...."

  "What. What? What's wrong?!"

  "You're growing...horns." 

  Immediately, Amanda is up and in the mirror, feeling her head. Her eyes begin to well up again. And sooner or later, she begins sobbing. I instantly rush over to comfort her.

  "Sh sh shh. Baby. It's okay. It's okay."

  "No! Now I'm a freak! Horns?! Are you joking me?! Now I'm hideous! Oh God."

  "Stop it! You are not hideous! Just because you are growing horns don't mean you are ugly!"

  I grab her by her face, practically puncturing it until it might bleed. After, I lean her face into mine and I kiss. I can never stand it when Amanda speaks bad about herself. It never helps anybody. Especially her. I give a little grin to let her know it is not the end of the world.

  "How bad can it be? Right? Yeah. It'll be like teething, but with horns."

  "Yeah. I-I guess you're right Xavier."

  "Good girl. Now, lemme see that beautiful smile you have. C'mon. Let's see it.

  Amanda gives her normal toothy smile, making me feel better. I then bury my face into her neck, letting her know I am here. All day all night. And I know, she's still going to be a beautiful Qunari lemme...