Chapter Twelve

Nathan and Ballroom descended down the stairs, back into the living room. Nathan was sweating buckets full. He had never seen Sarah act in such a way before. It was scary to see her like that.

"Mr Willows, I think your wife is suffering from some sort of mental breakdown," Ballroom explained. "It's not uncommon for it to happen to people in Mrs Willows situation. Begin involved in such a crash, can put an enormous amount of stress on a person. I have seen it before."

Nathan hearing those words, heaved a great sigh of upset. He could feel his emotions stirring in his stomach. First my mother, and now my wife too, give me a break lord, he thought to himself. He sat down on the sofa, feeling physically and mentally drained from the last hour's events.

"I don't know what to do," Nathan began. "I really, really don't. She has been telling me about all these nightmares she has been having. Telling me that she has seen black wolfs at work and now today, this whole skeleton business is totally new. She has never come out with that until today."

"I think you need to get her seen by a doctor," Ballroom said softly. "He or she can come in and make a proper assessment as to what is going on with her mentally. I think that is what is best for her."

"What are you saying, that she needs to go into some sort of institution or something," Nathan returned abruptly, not liking the officer's words.

"No, sir. What I am saying is that the doctor will be best to advise you on how you can get Mrs Willows better," Ballroom said, noticing Nathan's tone.

"It's hard you know. My mother has not long been put in a residential home and she hates it there," Nathan said, laying back in the sofa more sweat trickling down his forehead. "I don't think I could do the same to Sarah. I can take care of her. I think we just need some sort of sedative to help calm her down."

"Why do you feel she needs sedating? Surely, the doctor will have some drugs that will calm her nerves down," Ballroom said, a look of perplexity on his face.

"Well, she has not been sleeping very well this week. She has been complaining about the dreams. I think a sedative will help her sleep," Nathan said as he stood up from the sofa and began to pace around the room nervously.

"Well Mr Willows, it is just an idea. I would suggest at least you get the doctor to come in and do a home visit and give her the once over," Ballroom said, picking up his paperwork and notebook from the sofa. He then made his way over to the front door.

"Mr Willows, thank you for your time today. I do appreciate all your and Mrs Willow's cooperation with the police on this matter, and I do hope Mrs Willows feels better soon." Ballroom said, going to open the front door, but noticed it was already wide open.

"It was a pleasure to meet you PC Ballroom," Nathan said. "I thank you for being so caring and understanding toward Sarah, even though she hit you. I really do appreciate that." Nathan held out his hand to shake Ballroom's.

"It was very nice to meet you both today sir, and you are most welcome. You're lucky it was me though, most of the other officers wouldn't have been so kind towards your wife." Ballroom shook Nathan's hand and then left.

Nathan stood there alone in the living room. He was so confused by what had happened today, what was going on with Sarah. He walked over to the kitchen and poured himself a whisky on the rocks. He gulped it whole, pouring himself another glass as he strolled over to the telephone. He felt his hands shaking as he went to pick up the receiver.

He stopped himself, the images of Sarah being put into a clinic playing like a nightmare in his mind's eye. He then heard screaming coming from upstairs. Sarah was screaming into her pillow again. Nathan snapped out of his thoughts, he knew he had to help his wife even if that meant she would be going to a clinic. He pulled the receiver to his ear and dialled a number. A female voice answered him.

"Yes, I need a Doctor please, urgently."