Chapter Twenty Four

A few days had passed since Sarah had been taken in by Delia Moonshine. She had not heard a single thing since then. Each night, Sarah had dreamed the same nightmare over and over again about the rooms of hell. The dreams all ended in the same way, her beginning pulled into the hot lava by Diafol himself.

Nathan had stayed home for the past few days. However, today he had gone back to work. The day was hot, the hottest it had been for some time. She sat outside in her wicker chair soaking the sun, its rays breaching the pores of her skin, leaking into her body warming her insides.

She lay there enjoying it, lapping up as much as she could. As she lay there, she let herself be transported back to being a child, laying in the tall grass of her grandfather's field, where she would lie hours upon hours sunbathing. She could smell the odor of fresh grass all around her, the smell of potent flowers which had blossomed from the cold grips of winter and the wet months of spring.

Sarah awoke from her daydream the sound of footsteps coming toward her. She opened one eye, scanning before her. Delia was standing by the gateway, staring over at her.

"Is your husband home?" she shouted. Sarah wondering why she was asking and shook her head.

"No, he is not home for another couple of hours yet," she replied, sitting up. "Please tell me you are here about the counter curse." Delia walked over to Sarah, taking a seat next to her.

"Sorry it has taken me this long, I wanted to make sure I got this counter curse right. Plus, your husband paid me a visit the other day," Delia said with a straight tone. Sarah furious by this news, looked up her eyes flaring.

"What do you mean?"

"He came to my house, calling me a liar, telling me that I had filled your head with all these ideas; it was quite an entertaining speech I must say," Delia said with a smile. Sarah stood up. I have the right mind to go and ring him. But she thought against it. "He has told me that I am not to come near you any longer. I, of course, have ignored that command."

Sarah gave a weak smile, rage still pumping through her veins.

"Now, I have memorized this curse, and I am ready to go with it, I think, however, we should wait until tonight to carry it out," Delia said looking on to Sarah waiting for her response.

"If you think that would be best," Sarah said. Delia nodded.

"Yes, tonight around midnight would be the best time, what time does your husband go to sleep?"

"He's in bed by ten asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow," Sarah replied. "I might slip him some sleeping tablets just to make sure he doesn't wake up finding me gone, don't want the police running around looking for me, do we?"

"That's a good idea, we don't want any interruptions tonight too much is at stake," Delia said. "Meet me outside of here, we will go down the lane and perform the counter-curse in a small field, just down the way. It will be a perfect area to do it."

"Ok. I will meet you outside here at midnight," Sarah said smiling, she was glad that tonight it would be all over, no more nightmares at night.

"Tonight, we rid your soul of Diafol and his accursed hound." With thatDelia left, leaving Sarah alone again in the Sun. Sarah lay back in her seat,thinking about tonight. Tonight we rid your soul of Diafol and his accursedhound. Sarah felt a dark shadow loom over her, bring her spirits down. Sarahwasn't so optimistic.