Chapter Fifteen

Nathan sat on the sofa, laying back into the soft supporting pillows. He held his glass of whiskey, stroking the small beads of moisture dripping on the side of the glass. He then began swirling the glass around, the ice clanging away as they bounced together.

He then heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. The doctor emerged at the bottom of the stairs. He disposed of a needle into a large yellow tub with an orange lid.

"I have given her a mild sedative to calm her down. She was very restless," he said putting the tub back into his bag.

"Is she going to be ok? What is wrong with her?" Nathan asked, getting to his feet.

"She is very upset, which is understandable after what she had been through," The doctor said. "But from my examination, I would say she is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder."

"How do we deal with it? Will she recover?" Nathan asked. The doctor nodded and smiled. "Yes, she will recover. It will take time. I'm going to write you out a prescription for a drug called Prazosin," The doctor said, filling in a small piece of paper.

"What is that?" Nathan said confused.

"Prazosin is a drug which aids PTSD. It is designed to suppress nightmares she is having. The drug is the best option at the moment, I think."

"What if that doesn't work, what would we do then."

"If the Prazosin fails to have any effect, then she may need a serious amount of time in therapy." The doctor closed his bag and pulled on his coat. "Give the Prazosin at least three weeks to take effect and don't be surprised if she continues to have these nightmares. She needs your support." The doctor nodded and left the house, leaving Sarah's prescription behind.

Nathan picked it up and examined it. Best go and get this now, I fancy a drive, he thought to himself. With that, Nathan left the house, leaving Sarah alone, alone in the dark.