Chapter Twenty Six

Sarah stood at the kitchen table. She had not long finished her breakfast a full cooked English. Nathan had left for work, and she was now alone in the house. The house no longer felt intimidating for Sarah to be alone with her thoughts. The idea of going out into the real world no longer scared her, thinking about what may and may not happen, no longer entered her mind.

The feeling that she would no longer be glared at with aspects of judgment by everyone she came into contact with, strongly motivated her to move on with her life and look ahead to the future. She had a strong feeling to go and see Delia and see how she was but then thought against it. Delia knew how grateful Sarah was to her. She was the one who told Sarah to move away from this chapter in her life. And that is what she was going to do.

She moved over to the sink, placing the dirty plates into it. Holding up her coffee mug to her chest, she bit her lip casting her mind back to last night when she had got home. Sarah and Nathan had not had sex like that for some time. His overall dominance last night was somewhat primal as if a hungry lion had ripped its way into his soul and took control of his body. Sarah was not complaining as she relived her moments of climax in his strong manly arms over and over again. She shuddered with pleasure and then moved back into the living room.

Sarah pulled her mobile from her pocket and dialed a number.

"Hello." It was Rachel. Her voice seemed different, and she sounded tired.

"Rachel, it's me, Sarah."

"Hi babes, where the hell have you been?" she said, her voice still tired however seemed to perk up slightly when realizing it was Sarah.

"I'm sorry. I have had so much going on lately. I forgot to keep in contact with the best friend a girl could ever have," Sarah replied happily. Rachel chuckled like a school girl down the phone. "I was wondering if you would like to come shopping with me, I have a dress to buy."

"Dress? What's the occasion, spill the gossip," Rachel said, listening excitedly.

"Nathan has made partner in his firm, he is having a dinner tonight, and I need to look my best for him," Sarah shouted, wanting the whole world to know the good news. Rachel screamed in delight.

"Oh my god I'm so happy for him, pass on my congratulations, and yes, of course, I'd love to come shopping with you, come and get me now if you're ready."

Sarah knew she could count on her friend to drop what she was doing to be with her. "I will be with you in the next thirty minutes. Love you lots, see you soon." She hung up the phone and skipped upstairs to the bedroom.

She pulled on a summer outfit: a knee-length summer dress, with a floral design. Sarah felt better already, knowing she was going to spend the day with her best friend shopping and then going for a celebration dinner with her husband who she adored.

She was soon driving down into the town of Colwyn Bay. She even drove past the area where she had crashed. She stopped on the bend where it had occurred that night. Stopping the car in a nearby layby, Sarah got out of the car and walked to the stop. Her mind played back the incident, and she watched as the other car's headlights blinded her and the cars then collided with a loud bang.

Now, however, she felt different about the whole thing, she no longer felt like that the whole incident was her fault. The heavy heart that she had been carrying around with her had unloaded the unnecessary baggage away and was now light again. The morning sun delighted the back of her neck. She looked up at the sky it was ocean blue with not a cloud in sight. The smell of freshly cut hay loomed in the air from the farming field beyond, and the sound of chattering blue tits sang their morning chorus above her in the trees.