Chapter 12

I need to control myself a little better. I gotta stop myself from thinking about Wren. I know its going to be hard, but I have to. But, this might be a little bit difficult to prove right...

   Right now I am in Math class. Personally, I think that math class is a little bit boring. We pretty much do the same old thing every day.  Over and over. Warm up after warm up after warm up. I sit in the very left side of the room toward the front. Right across from Javied. Javied is, an excitement lover. He will do anything to get a little excitement out of life. He is constantly having "across the room" conversations with Gonzalo. Our teacher gets so frustrated sometimes, that she just sends him to a different classroom to be handled by stricter teachers. 

"Javied, I worry about you sometimes" Mrs. T says.

"What the heck why"

"What do you plan to do when you grow up?"

"Um I dont know?"

"I mean what job do you want to have?"

"I want to be a Gonzalo." he says back.

  I add in..

"Well you wont get very far with that" 

"Ohhhhh. Gonzalo you just got burned by a girl!"

"What? What did she say?" Gonzalo added in.

"boys bring back the focus please." Said Mrs. T.

"Fine" both boys said.

  I was cracking up in my head the whole time. Wow I guess this class actually can be entertaining sometimes. I jump up in my seat. BEEP BEEP BEEP! 

"Fire drilleveryone. Line up at the door please." Mrs. T says to us.

   I was so scared, my heart was beating three times as fast as it usually does. The whole class arises from their seats and heads toward the door. Ooo maybe I will see Wren on the way there! No Raelin, no. Well whats so wrong with wanting to see someone? Nothing, exactly. I can like whoever I want to. Not that I like him...

   When we are all out and standing on the grass, I scan my eyes over the crowd of kids. I have no clue where his class would be standing. I know that he has art class fourth period; same period I have math. I have pretty much memmorised his schegual by heart. That might sound a little weird.. I dont care. After the vice-principal releases us, I have mostly given up hope to see Wren. As our whole class starts walking back to the classroom, I spot Annie out of the corner of my eye. Wait a minute, Annie has art fourth period, so that means that Wren must be around here somewhere! I scan the crowd one more time and spot him. Yes! All of a sudden, he turns around and sees me too! He somes up from the side of me and we start talking. 

"Raelin!"

"Hey!" 

   He motions to me and talks to whoever can hear him.

"She is my best friend." he says proudly. He puts his arm around my shoulder and I do the same. We walk a little farther like that, then he lets go. As he walks a little further foreward, he starts talking to this girl named Stacy. I do not know her very well, but I think she is really nice. Not talking to anyone in particular, he says

"I kill this girl every day in pe."

  I bet he does. Poor Stacy:) I wish I was a teachers assistant for 1st period pe. I want to catch up on my seventh grade gossip. 

   When we get back to our math classroom with the rest of the class, I have a really happy feeling. I think the rest of the day nothing can bring me down. So for now, the war is setteled.