Chapter 16

There she floated. Rebecca was under the water and looked up at the surface. The moon streamed light rays and danced on the water. A few bubbles escaped her mouth and her eyesight began to grow dark. Then she saw something. A disturbance in the water. Bubbles formed around the diver. A small color caught her eye. Red.

"Raph..." She thought. The water surged into her lungs.

Raph immediately saw Rebecca's slowly sinking body. He quickly surged forward and swam as fast as he ever had. He grabbed her waist just as she passed out.

He quickly swam upward holding her tightly. They broke through the surface. He hauled her up onto the docks. He leaned over her and checked her pulse.

"She's not breathing!" Raph panicked and began to try to push the water out of her lungs.

He applied pressure to her chest. It wasn't helping. He looked at her unmoving face. He leaned in and began to do mouth to mouth.

"Come on!" Raph freaked. Something wet sprung in his eyes. He rubbed them away. "I wont cry!" He continued trying to remove the water in her lungs.

After a moment Rebecca's eyes fluttered open to see Raph's mouth on hers. He looked at her and pulled away. She spluttered out water.

"Are you alright?!" Raph asked urgently. She weakly looked up at him.

"You've saved me once again," She wheezed. Raph slightly blushed. After a moment she caught her breath. "You were crying?" She questioned looking at his face. He didn't deny it and merely leaned in closer to her.

"You had me so worried you Doofus," He let his lips meet hers. Rebecca's heart fluttered.

They sat there cold and drenched as they passionately held one another. Her soft lips rubbing against his rough ones. Rebecca swore he could hear how fast her heart was beating.

He felt her long hair and ran his fingers through it. They slowly broke apart and blushed deeply. They gazed into each others eyes breathing heavily. He moved a strand of hair from her face. The water droplets made them seem to sparkle in the moons glow.

"W-we should head back," Raph stuttered and slowly stood up.

He held out his hand and helped Rebecca up. She looked at him and blushed biting her lip. They slowly made their way over to the manhole enjoying each others company.

"Well this is a surprise," Karai sat on a roof and held binoculars watching the scene unfold before her below. "A human and a turtle huh?" She put her binoculars down. "I think I found the turtles weak spot." Karai turned to a group of ninja's behind her. "Inform my father," She ordered. A ninja bowed and ran off.

Soon Rebecca and Raph had made it into the sewer tunnels. It was an awkward silence as they trudged to home. Raph gave a small playful nudge. Rebecca nudged him back. He pushed her and she shoved back. They both grinned.

"Last one to the lair is a rotten egg," Rebecca shouted and ran down the sewers. Raph quickly followed behind. He caught up and gave her a push. She recovered and grabbed onto the tails of his bandana.

He lurched back propelling Rebecca forward. She turned his mask around so he couldn't see. She began to run to the lair again. It took Raph a moment to adjust his bandana.

"Oh no you don't!" He playfully ran up next to her and tugged on her hair. She twirled in a circle and jumped onto his back. "Hey!" He tried to swing her off. She laughed hysterically. Raph tripped on the step to their home entrance. Rebecca landed on Raph and they both laughed.

"Ahem..." Donnie cleared his throat. They both slowly looked up to see Donnie, Mikey, and Leo looking at them strangely. They both got off of each other.

"Why are you soaking wet?" Leo asked.

"Oh um..." Rebecca looked at Raph.

"She slipped on the docks..." Raph gave a weak smile.

"Well then why are you wet?" Mikey questioned Raph. Rebecca let out a sigh.

"I cant swim alright?" The turtles looked at her in interest. "Luckily Raph got me out before any water got in my lungs..." She lied hoping to dodge the kissing part.

Donnie quickly got up and grabbed a towel draping it over the two wet figures.

"Are you sure you guys are alright? I mean you could have drowned..." Donnie said to Rebecca.

"I'm fine..." She replied with a smile.

"Sorry there is only one dry towel at the moment," Donnie said getting up. "Mikey help me out and make them some tea as I warm up the place." Donnie ordered.

Mikey obeyed and went into the kitchen. Donnie went to heat the lair up. Raph and Rebecca huddled by the T.V.

"You guys sure you okay?" Leo asked worried.

"Were just fine," Raph said with a grin looking at Rebecca. He slowly held her hand beneath the towel. She blushed.

"Oh crap..." She thought looking back at Leo. "My heart is torn! Who do I choose!"

Sorry this one is a little shorter then the other chapters. More to come soon.