Chapter 14: Overcoming the Overwhelming

A/N: Exams are coming up and I'm scared to death. Anyone here taking IGCSE? Forgive author-nim if she doesn't update often like before ;; (em vewy sowie ;-;)

(J)Hope you like the story though~ Enjoy!
___________
•Eunjin's POV•

"Jiminie!" The girl squealed as she threw her arms around Jimin.

I stayed in my spot, trembling at the sight of the stranger.

But I blinked. Then blinked. Then blinked. Then blinked one last time.

Wait, Jimin is married?

"I didn't know you had a wife." I muttered quietly, tilting my head to the side as I inspected the woman's fingers.

No sign of a wedding ring though.

"W-what!?" Jimin blabbered out as he quickly pulled away from Mina's hug, shaking his head furiously.

"I- uhh--Why would you think that? I mean, Jimin and I are close but not that close." Mina's cheeks turned beet red before fiddling with her fingers.

"Well, the only people I ever saw hug with the opposite gender was my mom and dad. I assumed that you can only hug the opposite gender if they're either your child or your married."

...Wait, what am I doing? Casually talking to a possible human threat?!

Eunjin, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!

I gulped a big lump in my throat before clenching my fist to stop myself from trembling in my seat.

If I'm going to keep meeting strangers, I can't keep surprising them by yelling at the top of my lungs just because they frighten me...or can I?

Anyway...I can't help it, I might hyperventilate any minute now if I don't yell or get away from her.

"Jimin, where's your bathroom?" I manage to spit out even with my quivering state.

"2 rooms down the right." Mina answered with a smile.

She must have come here at their apartment a lot.

I rose up from my seat and quickly turned around, fast walking towards the bathroom only to be stopped by a tall figure. This is the guy who called me noona, what was his name again...?

Oh, Jungkook!

I cleared my throat before stuttering out an inaudible 'excuse me'

"Uhh, excu...se...me."

"Oh, it's Eunjin noona! Where you about to go to the toilet?" He asked before beaming a wide smile, "I could lead you there if you want."

"I-I'm all...good.." I slipped pass him and hurried into the bathroom, slamming the door shut once I entered.

Hallelujah.

I let out a big sigh, sliding down the bathroom door before burying my face in my palms.

God, meeting strangers is so overwhelming. It's like a person with Arachnophobia meeting a thousands spiders at once.

Come on Eunjin, you got this.

I stood up; slapping my cheeks softly.

"You can do this...Jimin is willing to help you and so is Mickey." I muttered to myself.

Speaking of Mickey, where has she been?

I turned to my right, only to be faced with a circular bathroom mirror.

Gah, I hate mirrors. They remind me that I, myself, is a big threat. That I, am a filthy, disgusting and merciless human. That I am just one of them.