Chapter 25: Rescue Plan

•Jimin's POV•

As I strolled through the forest with Mickey, I took one last look at Eunjin's house.

If I haven't stumbled upon this beach, I wouldn't have met Eunjin.

I smiled at the thought of our first encounter.

She was so naive back then—she actually thought I was a giant dog-like creature. When she learned that I was human, she was so frightened of me.

Now, she doesn't even flinch when she's around me or the other guys.

I wonder why she was able to keep cool around Mina and the other guys so easily but it took me a lot of convincing just so that she wouldn't scream when she's around me.

When she was with the other guys, it only took them less than 2 hours—she didn't even shriek at the sight of them!

"Let me take the girl, she's lighter than that old hag!"

"No way! I always carry the heavy ones, let me carry the light one for a change."

"I swear to god, Minhwan—"

Voices...they're coming from the beach.

That's weird.

I'm pretty sure Eunjin told me that no one ever sets foot on this beach, why would there be people?

Mickey might have also heard the voices as she abruptly turned towards the beach and slowly started to head towards the shore.

I followed behind her, creeping around in the bushes.

As I hid behind a bush, I spotted at least five men. Three were on a boat and two were carrying something—no wait, someone.

One of the people being carried is—Eunjin?!

She's unconscious...but what would they want from her and who's the old man that is also being carried?

Whatever this is, it doesn't look like a good situation.

On instinct, I stood up and was about to run towards the men but Mickey tugged at my sleeves and pulled me back with her teeth.

She was growling lowly and kept tugging at my sleeves but I didn't know what she wanted.

"If only your collar didn't break, I could understand you right now."

I turned back to the beach to see that the men had disappeared and the boat went further away from the shore.

"NO! Mickey! They're taking Eunjin away!" I yelled as I attempted to run after the boat.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw the boat disappear from my line of sight.

Mickey followed after me, barking loudly.

"Look, Mickey, I may not know who they are but my gut is telling me that those people are up to no good!"

Mickey looked at me as if she was saying "As if I didn't already know that..."

Well, that's what I think she was saying—she might have been saying something sassier.

"Mickey, how could you still be so sassy without your collar?" I crouched down and was about to pat her but immediately stopped in my tracks as she growled and expressed that she didn't want to be petted.

"What should we do now?" I sighed, "We just can't let those people steal away Eunjin to who-knows-where..."

Suddenly, Mickey dashed towards Eunjin's house and I followed behind her curiously.