Chapter 34: Strange Heart

•Eunjin's POV•

"We will...go on a date!" Jimin chirped

"No." I answered bluntly.

"WHAT!?" He exclaimed before clearing his throat, "I mean—Why not?"

I gulped and shrugged, "Because..."

"Because?" He tilted his head.

"Because she can," Jungkook yelled from the corner, "Go noona! Rebel against hyung!"

"Jungkook, shut the hell up." Jin uttered as he threw a pillow to Jungkook, only to have it dodged by Jungkook before he ran back into his room.

"I-it's not like I don't mind being rejected," Jimin chuckled nervously, rubbing his nape.

He definitely minds being rejected.

"But I just want to know why...you don't want to go on a date...with me?" He coughed.

"Because she doesn't want to, what else could the reason be?" Jin responded, "Do you expect girls to say 'yes' to you every time you ask them out on a date?"

"Yes—I mean, no. Pfft," Jimin scoffed, "But Eunjin's reason might be different. Eunjin, did you say no because you're scared of the people we would bump into?"

"No, it's not that." I answered and shook my head.

He might not like my answer if I tell him why I don't want to go with him.

"Then what it is?" Jimin asked once again, peering into my face.

I sighed before crossing my arms, "Jimin, I'm sorry but I just don't see you like that. We are better off as friends."

"Oh my god," Jin uttered before bursting in laughter and slapping the kitchen counter.

"Jiminie hyung just got friend zoned!" Jungkook yelled from his room, as he too, was bursting in laughter.

"What?! N-no! I don't mean it like that!" Jimin shook his hands, "You misunderstood me! I meant go on a friendly date, not as a date date as boyfriend or girlfriend..."

Jimin seem to rumble on and on about how the date was nothing but two friends hanging out and "totally not a guy trying to show a girl his feelings by going on a date disguised as a way of curing one's phobia" date. It was his words, not mine.

His rumbling went on for about another 3 minutes before Jin threw a metal ladle at him before yelling, "Shut up! We get it! You're taking her out on a friendly date! Now, can we get some peace and quiet?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," Jimin nodded, rubbing his nape, "I'll go sleep in Taehyung's room since he's not here and you can go sleep in mine."

I nodded and walked in Jimin's room, closing the door behind me before setting my backpack down and plopping down on his bed.

Being around people makes me tired. I wish I could just plug myself onto a charger and instantly feel energized.

I sighed.

Did I really mean what I said earlier?
That I only see Jimin as a friend and nothing else?