14. Confessions

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 30, Hadith 13)

................
It's been a week since Farzeen has gone back to her place and Zayn's Mom has returned 5 days ago. And our crazy Furqan is enjoying with his pretty wife at Venice....
Life is back to normal for everyone, Farzeen is with her parents now. Khadeeja has returned home with a new hope, she has started to involve herself in prayer, gardening, cooking interior designing and Mashallah she has joined an online thafseer class on Farzeen's insistence... Though she isn't fully out of her depression, she is trying to pull herself out of that dark side with a new hope and determination.

But Zayn... He isn't not himself anymore. At times he regret, going to Furqan's place and looking at her. But if it was Allah's decree what could he do..

And today being Sunday, Zayn decided to take his mom to the park for an evening walk... This would help him get his mind out of the mess while giving a chance to spend some quality time with his mom..

As they walked along the pathway of the park, talking to his mom about everything starting from her stay at Furqan's place, his improved cooking skills, her new thafseer classes​ and the recent project he has got. Zayn noticed his mother has started to come out of the shell that she had built around. "Alhamdulillah... He silently thanked Allah swt....

As they walked for good twenty minutes, Khadeeja suggested that they could sit at the bench for sometime and watch the children play. And they​ both sat on the wooden bench and watched​ the little children play while both getting into their own pool of thoughts...

Khadeeja was the first to break the ice enquiring about Furqan "How is Furqan doing? When is he returning from Venice?"

Zayn let out a low chuckle while thinking about his friend "AlhamdhulillIah he is having a great time there, and he is supposed to return by coming Tuesday but I don't think he'll will come... He is planning to extend his trip..." Zayn answered with excitement lacing his tone.. He is more than happy for his friend..

"Alhamdulillah, good to hear that Zayn... And Farhana is a sweet girl to match his charm.."  Khadeeja's​ eyes twinkiled with her smile and she teased Zayn saying "Furqan won't have time for you hereafter"

Zayn chuckled saying "Yeah, he won't pester me anymore!" while shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, but he was little sad that his friend is busy..

"Then we'll find someone to pester you"  his mom teased him with a mischievous smile on her face...

Zayn couldn't comprehend it and he gave a confused look to which his mom spoke again "Don't you think it's time for you to get married Zayn?"  in a gentle tone..

Zayn froze in his place, while his heart skipped a beat and his mind brought in a pool of thoughts and some images of the girl that's been​ haunting him...

"What do you say Zayn? Shall I look for a suitable bride?"  Khadeeja winked at his son to lighten the mood though she was anxious of his son's silence and the answer she would receive...