16. No way out

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his guest generously; and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should unite the bond of kinship (i.e. keep good relation with his kith and kin); and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should talk what is good or keep quiet."
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 78, Hadith 165)

........
(

Please excuse for the errors, no time to edit 😔)

It's been five days since the dreadful night. It was friday, and the sky started getting lighter, while the shining sun peeped out and illuminated Zayn's room pulling him out to witness the beautiful and blessed day. Zayn took his Quran and strode towards the balcony taking a seat on his balcony chair and continued reciting Surah Al- kahf.

He finished reciting and listened to the chirping birds which started leaving their home to find its prey...

Their flight reminded him of his friend Furqan's arrival due on yesterday.. In all those chaos he completely forgot about it. Face palming himself, Zayn hurriedly grabbed his phone and dialled Furqan's number..

After a few rings, it was picked and the first word he heard was "Idiot" Furqan was barking through the phone and Zayn had to keep his phone away from his ear to escape the screeching sound.

Zayn wondered what would the new bride had done to had got his friend in a such a bad mood early in the morning. But little did Zayn know that he was the one responsible for his friend's fury.

Zayn took a pause and said "salam to you too qaan" mocking his friend.

Sighing on the other end Furqan replied to the salam but it was evident from his tone that his fury hasn't gone.

"Ahem, ahem. Why are you barking early in the morning? I thought everything went well with your honeymoon trip" Zayn tried to lighten up the mood suppressing a low chuckle.

"Alhamdhulillah, Everything is fine with my life except the friend I had" Furqan retorted.

"What? Why are you blaming me for your mood swings? What did I do?" Zayn defended without a clue as he recalled his last conversation with his friend figuring if something went wrong .

As Zayn was confused, Furqan spoke again through gritted teeth, "oh yeah! You did nothing wrong. It's just that you are getting married and I didn't hear a word about it from you until now" though he was Angry with his friend, these words were nothing but disappointment.

Zayn face palmed himself realising what had gone wrong and he could clearly understand the reason behind his friend's outburst, but what could he do? Call his friend and tell him that he wanted to marry his sister but his mother brought up another girl? He was helpless. He was apprehensive of how Furqan would take his idea of marrying his sister. He thanked God that this alliance at least took away confrontation that he would have with his friend regarding his marriage proposal.

Furqan was more than happy to hear about his friend's marriage but he was disappointed with his friend for not sharing the great news with him. So what if he is married, isn't he an important person in Zayn's life who should be getting the news first?

Furqan knows that Zayn was ready to get married but what changed now, there was no excitement no enthusiasm in his voice. He couldn't figure the reason, perhaps there could be only one reason for Zayn to sound this way, is he not happy with the girl? Maybe he got trapped into this? Myriad of thoughts and questions emerged in Furqan's mind. His friend knows him way better. He is no longer angry with his Zayn. His initial disappointment and anger were replaced by concern now. He really wanted to know what bothers his friend.