Scene 1 (cont.)

Okay so this is the same scene that I created in the last part but this will be in the perspective of Dimitri. Hope you like it :)

Dimitri:

She was taking too long. I told her not go go see him but she insisted. I shouldn't have been so rude with her earlier but it needed to be done. I had to hide my feeling and do my duty. I started walking down to the cells when I saw one of the guards slumped against the wall. I quickly ran up to him and checked his pulse. Nothing. I looked for any injury and saw the bite mark on his neck. When I looked further down the hallway, I saw three more guards with the same wound.

My thoughts went immediately to Rose. What if she was already dead? Who is in there? I quickened my pace and started running towards where Victor's cell is supposed to be. Before I reached there I ran into someone. Not just any someone though. Victor. I was confused for a second, but then I saw the key in his hand. He tried to run past me but I was to quick. It only took one punch to knock him unconscious.

I ran faster down the hallway. Someone was down there and let Victor out. Rose is down there. She is probably in trouble. When I got to the open square of cells, I stood stunned at what I saw. I couldn't move. I looked to my right and saw three more dead guards. Then I stared center and saw Natalie with a stake in her hand. She turned Strigoi. But what scared me the most was what I saw next.

Rose was slumped against the bars of Victors cell. My eyes were filled with pain and she was gripping the lower part of her stomach. It only took me a second to realize why. My guardian instincts kicked in and I jumped down the stairs and stood about 5 feet from Natalie.

We stared at each other for a couple seconds. I pulled a stake from my back pocket and charged towards her. I had no control. I threw my arms at her at random and tried my hardest to get the stake into her chest. We each got equal hits on each other. My only goal was to kill Natalie and save Rose. Natalie managed to kick the stake out of my hand. She looked confident and back up a step so she could try to kill me.

But if there was anything I'd learned from the Strigoi, it's always carry more than one stake. Clearly Natalie didn't know that and I caught her by surprise. I plunged the stake into her chest. I didn't wait for her body to fall. I didn't take the stake out once I'd known I'd killed her. I went straight to Rose.

Her breaths were shaky as a kneeled down beside her. I looked up and down her body, checking for other injuries. I placed my hands over hers and tried to prevent her from bleeding forward. "Rose. Roza" I said. "Stay awake". I picked her up with ease and started making my way to the clinic.

"Lissa" she whispered. I could barely hear her. I knew what she was thinking though. Lissa could heal her with the touch of her hand. But I did not know where Lissa was. It was safer to go to the clinic and get help from the doctors and then search for Lissa.

"Keep talking" I said gripping her tighter. "Stay awake". I was full on sprinting as fast as I could with her in my arms. I don't know if she heard me but she didn't say anything for a couple seconds. I risked a glance down at her. She was fighting to stay awake as much as she could. Based on the blood stain on my chest she had been hit in the head, probably getting a concussion.

"You lied" she said softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to keep her talking.

"My necklace...compulsion spell...you lied" she said. I felt her body go heavier as she finally passed out. I ran and thought at the same time. I knew what she meant. Victor must have told her that the spell only works if the feelings of affection are both ways. And that was true. But I couldn't admit it to her. She was still a student, and it would get my fired and distracted from being Vasilisas guardian.

I ran faster through the hallways. Minutes later I rushed into the doors of the clinic. I did not need to yell for help as there were many doctors in the front room. They saw me come in and took Rose from my arms.
________________________________

That is all for that scene. The next couple scenes will be connected to this one. I plan for the next part to be in Lissa's perspective and then another one in Rose's perspective after she wakes up.

Please vote and continue reading :)