Scene 2 (final)

This will be continuing Rose's perspective.

Rose:

The car pulled to a stop and 2 guardians came out. After them came Lissa and Christian, who I was surprised to see. I didn't stand up but Lissa came running towards me. I could feel her relief flood the bond and she came down and hugged me. I hugged back but not a lot. My thoughts were still troubled on the Strigoi.

"Thank god you're okay" Lissa said. "I was so worried". I smiled slightly and nodded. I could feel Lissa's concern of my reaction but before she could say anything Dimitri walked up.

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm going to have to borrow Lissa and Christian for a moment" Dimitri said. The three of them walked away and Dimitri started talking to them in a low voice. I couldn't hear what they were saying but once Dimitri stopped they all looked over to me. Through the bond I could feel Lissa's concern about how I felt after killing the Strigoi. We can talk about it later she said through the bond and I nodded. After that Dimitri told Lissa which people were in the worst condition and she went to heal them.

Christian on the other hand had nothing to do here so he came and sat next to me. "For what it's worth, what you did was pretty impressive" he said. I could tell he was just trying to lighten the mood but I didn't really like the effort. I nodded in response and that made his smug expression turn blank. "I know it probably wasn't easy. But you stopped a Strigoi from taking innocent people's lives. You might now feel like it now but you helped stop that and helped protect the other guardians. Who knows maybe that girl could have killed a guardian but you stopped her"

"Yeah. I guess. It just feels like I killed an innocent person instead of a monster. Before today I would have loved to stake a Strigoi. But know I'm not so sure. I'm not just killing the monster but the person she was before she turned" I replied. My hand was still on the towel on my head but I removed it since it wasn't bleeding much anymore.

"Think of it this way. Maybe that girl had a subconscious who was still human and hated everything her body did. You just ended her misery of killing people. You freed the person inside of the monster".

"Those are some of the wisest words I have ever heard you say" I said

"I happen to be a very wise person" he said with a confident expression. I laughed at that.

"Thanks" I said

"What for?"

"Before this I was thinking about myself as a murderer. But I guess when you think about it as freeing someone, it doesn't feel so bad to stake them anymore". He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder playfully. I stepped out of it and gave him a fake death stare. "Do that again and you'll be the one with a stake in your chest". He smiled at my threat.

"And the old Rose is back" he said. I leaned my head against the car and closed my eyes. "Are you okay? Like physically?" He asked

"No. But better than the guys by Lissa. The cut on my head is probably the worst but really everything is just numb from running so much" I replied.

"I can get Lissa to come over"

"No it's fine. She has more important things to heal anyway"

"I'll ask anyway" he said as he stood up. Once he walked over to Lissa I closed my eyes once again. I didn't think I would fall asleep but I guess I did. More like half asleep. I was aware when Lissa came up to me and when someone put me in the car. I could feel the car driving and running over bumps but I never opened my eyes. I was almost completely asleep when I felt Lissa healing my head. I blinked a couple times and saw that we were in my room back at the academy. I was in the bed and Lissa was leaning over me.

"Oh sorry" she said when she realized I was awake. "I didn't mean to wake you up"

"It's fine" I said sitting up. "What time is it?"

"11 am"

"You should go back to your room. Your probably tired" I suggested

"I'm fine. And I wanted to make sure your okay" she said with a smile

"I'm the one who's supposed to make sure your okay" I replied.

"Well I'm fine. Perfect health. But the bond only goes one way so I never know how your feeling. Are you okay? After all that" I nodded in response.

"You'd be surprised but Christian actually helped me. I hated the feeling of what I did the that lady after I did it. But Christian talked to me and made it better" her eyes went wide at through the bond I could feel her astonishment over how Christian actually helped me. Usually we were at each other's throats or making rude comments to each other. Helping was never something we did. I laughed at Lissa's surprise.

"Oh" she said holding back her laughter, "well I'll go to bed than. I'll see you in the morning" we hugged and she left to go to her room. I laid down and looked up at the ceiling. I still wasn't 100% fond with killing Strigoi but maybe it actually wasn't as bad as it seemed. 

I closed my eyes and fell into the best sleep I've had in a long time.

That's all for scene 2. Scene 3 synopsis coming in the next part