Forbidden Love

Karma

I watched Noir and Knight run off to join Reaction and Eryx in the hunt, leaving the mysterious Shadow and I all alone to watch the camp. I found myself sitting at the fire, keeping it going and occasionally finding myself looking over at his perfect figure. My was he attractive… But Knight would kill him in a heartbeat…

I watched as he walked around where we smashed the eggs. He was looking at each one carefully. As much as I watched him, I couldn’t figure out what he was feeling or what he was thinking. It was like he was closed off from the world and I couldn’t help but wanting to be in his world.

I watched him carefully as he knelt by one of the eggs, as he picked up a bloodied dragon baby like it was a fragile child instead of a thing we kill. He tilted his head and stroked its spine gently. Soon enough he leaned his head down and whispered something to it before he set it down again. I could swear I saw him look like he was mourning the thing before he closed off again.

I decided to give into the temptation and walked to him. “Uh...hi.” I said softly. “What are you doing over here…?” I looked to him, trying to see any glimpse of emotion in his eyes. Why must he be so attractive…?

Shadow looked down at me for a moment with kind eyes. "Oh...you wouldn't understand...forgive me."

I tilted my head curiously. “What wouldn’t I understand? You...You are slayer, yes?” I said, analyzing everything about him.

"Perhaps...I don't know if I can trust you with the truth, Karma..." he sounded sad as he said it.

“You’re acting suspicious, Shadow. Please tell me what’s wrong… Why are you mourning over something such as this? Slayers don’t feel remorse…” Was I wrong?

He kept quiet for a moment before he spoke up again. "Come here, let me show you something..."

“Show me what? What’s going on here?” I said, walking over hesitantly to him.

He took my hand gently and took me over to the smashed eggs. Letting go, he knelt down and picked up the child. "Let me ask you something...what has it done wrong, hm? Being born of wrong nature? Not even born actually...not even a minute into the world..."

I looked to the figure of the dragon. I felt a twinge of pain in my heart. Was I feeling? Why now? I’ve been at this for so long..I shouldn’t….I Iooked away sadly. “They’re only orders. I do as told and don’t dwell on my actions.”

He stroked its spine gently without looking at me. "You make me feel weird..." he whispered

“Weird? Weird how, Shadow?” He feels the same… I thought as I stepped closer to him cautiously. “What’s going on? What are you, Shadow? Tell me.”

He put a hand to my cheek gently. He didn't speak, instead he showed me as I watched his eyes change. I could have sworn they looked like a dragon's. But some how he was...different.

I allowed myself to lean to his hand a bit. I couldn’t help myself, this was the first man I’ve felt anything for. “Are you...one of them?”

He nodded once, his eyes never leaving mine. "I'm trusting you...I don't want to lose this warm feeling..." I watched as his eyes changed back.

“I...I won’t say anything… I have the same feeling for you...Is that weird?” I looked away shyly. I felt so wrong.

He shook his head no and cracked a smile. "Not weird at all"

I smiled back faintly, and put a hand to his cheek gently. “I’ve never felt so warm before… I’ll make sure that your secret’s safe here…”

He leaned his head to my hand. "I believe you," he whispered. It felt like he was a breath away now.

I leaned closer to him. “You’re either the most foolish or reckless dragon I’ve ever met…” I said with a whisper, smiling faintly. “I like that.”

He grinned at my words, "or both..." his eyes darted down to my lips then back up to my eyes.

I smiled softly and leaned in, giving him a feather of a kiss. My brother is going to kill me...

He cupped his hand around the back of my neck and returned the kiss. That was when I heard someone clear their throat behind us.