Jester

Chaos

I must admit, that was the worst first impression ever. Maybe out of ten, I’d be an eleven on the Clutzomatic Scale of Chaos. I looked at each one of them one by one. Noir and Shadow were trying very hard not to laugh and I just couldn’t tell if Reaction wanted to burst laughing or smack me for being reckless. Knowing her, it was probably both.

The other three slayers looked very confused. This would have been wonderful if I had, like, you know, not had my pants get stuck in a tree. I’d be, well...nevermind I’d still probably be an idiot.

I decided to start talking before they called the looney bin on me. “Uh...hello?” I said awkwardly as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Hanging around, Chaos?" Noir joked.

"Oh shut up, you're not punny..." I mumbled.

The slayer by Noir chuckled slightly. “So you must be Chaos. Quite the entrance you made. My name’s Knight, pleasure to meet you"

"It was a little...mishap..." I tried saving my dignity but that wasn't working well for me.

“Mishap? Well...you’re still alive at least.” he said smiling. “Come sit, get some food.”

"I uh...sure...food sounds good" I murmured. I allowed the others to go ahead of me so I could walk with Reaction.

She looked to me, smiling softly. “It’s been a while, Chaos.” She said with a hushed whisper. “How have you been?”

I looked at her and grinned. "Missing you, beautiful," I whispered.

She caressed my cheek slightly. “I almost went insane. These slayers are killing me.”

"I know, darling...I've been worried about Tia too..." I whispered with a sigh.

She looked down sadly. “I met with her last night, when she came to visit the body. She had no idea that I’m a spy here. I...I was scared she’d do something.”

"I know...they've been keeping things from her...that's why she told Noir and Shadow to come..."

“Why would they do such a thing? She needs to know. Everyone needs to know. They’re smashing eggs for god’s sake!” Her voice was still hushed, but I felt the anger in her voice.

I sighed sadly and nodded. I knew this already. Noir's voice broke the silence.

"I know where we should go next..."

“Where?” She asked looking to Noir.

"Let's...raid the dragon queen!" she tried to look excited.

The heck is she thinking?? "That's a big job isn't it?"

“Why would we try there? It’s heavily fortified isn’t it?” Reaction said curiously.  “I mean...It’s not like we can waltz right in there.”

Noir grinned like she had some scheme. "I have informants inside. We can get in easy."

Reaction looked to her, then to the other slayers that were around. “Well...what do you guys think?” The one’s by Shadow nodded in agreement, the one in the emerald armor looked almost eager to kill anything that moved once they got there.

"Then...I guess I should lead you all there" I murmured, not liking the idea one bit.