Mission Impossible

Noir

If Tiamat expected me to just sit around and wait, then she had another thing coming. I’m eighty to ninety percent sure that they’re going to be in some deep crap when they try escaping. Shadow and Chaos were both impatient, however, they tried their best to wait patiently. They paced a little, argued a little, and I’m pretty sure they broke a table.

I decided to take the initiative when I raided Tiamat’s arsenal. She was loaded with weapons after the first dragon slayer war. I pulled weapons off the walls as I packed both sides of my belt with sick looking firearm. That’s when I heard footsteps from behind me.

I looked back meeting Shadow’s gaze. “What?” I asked defensively as I put on black face paint under my eyes and tied a bandana around my head.

He raised his hands like he didn’t want to intervene. “You’re mad, Noir. But I want in.”

I smirked as I held one of the rifles over my shoulder. “We leave in ten so hurry up.” I commanded as I walked out of the vault, leaving Shadow behind.

Eventually after snapping at the two boys, I’m pretty sure they were afraid of me now as we made our way to the base after Tiamat. Landing within the shadows of the trees, I looked back at them and put a finger to my lips telling them to keep quiet and wait for my signal. They both nodded and stayed back as I broke into a run.

Pulling out my rifles, I kicked the door open and started firing at the ceiling to get their attention. “LOOKIE HERE BIZNATCHES!” I’m pretty sure I laughed like a nut because of the stricken looks on the slayers faces.

I saw Knight look over from where he was kneeling. The slayer who held the sword to his neck looked to me dumbfounded, giving him enough time to kick him down and take the blade for himself. “That’s my girl!” He called to me smiling.

I looked over at him and winked before looking back at the slayers. I looked back then and whistled. Seconds later, the boys barged in and ran to them. “Go go go,” I urged them not to dawdle.

I watched as Reaction scrambled to her feet along with Tiamat and Eryx. She glanced over in my direction and fled outside with them. I watched them leave safely and looked to Knight as he ran to my side. Karma was reuniting with Shadow, fighting off other slayers as she moved.

As soon as I turned to fight of a group of slayers, I heard Karma’s scream as she called out to Shadow. I turned back to see a slayer had plunged his sword into his back, and Karma was next.

My eyes widened as I ran to quell the slayer away from him. Chaos pulled the man back the same moment as Tiamat used her mother’s sword to end the slayer.

I heard a thud behind me as Shadow collapsed at my feet. His blood began to pool around him, he wouldn’t move. Stricken, I looked up at Chaos. “Get him out now!” I snapped.

 Chaos didn’t need to be told twice as he rushed to Shadow and picked up his limp dying body.