19 ; getaway boy

[dan+phil]

flashback

the two twelve year olds were sat on a log, looking beyond the night sky full of glimmering stars.

they were sitting as close as they both could be, shoulders touching, heads tilted upward so they could see the beautiful magic upon the sky.

they sat in comfortable silence, dan not willing to break it.

"dan?" phil asked looking towards him, shifting his weight to the side so he could look dan in the face.

"yes, what is it?" dan asked doing the same as phil.

"y-you know what gay means right?" phil asked, dan nodded remembering that time when his parents told him about it.

"well i saw two men holding hands a while ago, before we got here and my parents didn't agree with it, they think its some weird trend going around and people are just pretending to be gay or pansexual to fit in. but i don't agree with them and they were mad at me." phil rambled about his parents.

"thats a bit stupid." dan said abruptly, phil nodded his head frantically agreeing with his friend.

"i don't get why adults think like that." he mumbled, pulling his knees up to his chest gazing back up at the stars.

"a-are you gay?" dan asked, curiosity laced in his voice as he waited for an answer from phil.

phil shook his head, a smile growing on his face. "no i'm bisexual, but please don't tell my parents. they're already upset i don't agree with their antics."

dan nodded his head, he didn't get why people were homophobic.

"so, you asked me the big question, now its my turn. whats your sexuality?" phil asked putting his hands to his chin.

dan gulped harshly, he hadn't really thought about it before. dan has seen porn, but he never felt attracted to the girl nor the boy.

he did have a girlfriend a couple months back but he broke it off cause she was a snobby arse.

dan licked his now chapped, dry lips. he shook his head.

"i don't know." he whispered quietly, low enough so phil wouldn't be able to hear but phil had heard anyways.

"its ok, you'll figure it out soon buddy." phil gave him a half hearted smile and dan just nodded.

little did he know he still wouldn't be able to find out for the next five years.

"come on dan, we better get back to the camp before they think a bear has gotten us." phil chucked hopping off the log.

dan smiled, following a long not far from his friend heading back to the summer camp.

-

flashback

"hey babe."

dan turned his head to see phil with a girl sitting on his lap. phils eyes looking up at her admiring her facial features.

"y'know i love you phil?" the girl spoke flipping her hair out of her face pushing her breasts towards phil.

"i love you too."

dan saw the glint in phils eye that appears when he's lying, he held back a howling laughter not wanting to offend them but saw how turned-off phil was from her.