26 ; gone

thank you for 1k views??

[dan]

"my boy, oh my first child graduating." olivia cheered, wiping the tears carefully from her eyes not wanting to ruin her carefully done makeup.

dan rolled his eyes playfully, still smiling. today was the day he would graduate, and head off to uni after. dan got accepted at university of greenwich, his friends also got accepted into universities. none of them in his.

dan still couldn't remember what happened the night of the party, he remembers phil shouting at him. so that was enough for dan to tell phil to leave him alone.

its been three months, and they haven't talked since. dan felt nothing from it, but feeling guilty because- shouldn't he?

all those years, the time that he took off of his life to hang out and be with phil.

"come on dan, don't want to be late." ryan commented from the doorway, olivia smiled at ryan. ryan returning it.

his parents stayed on good terms for the sake of the kids, which dan was thankful for because he didn't want his parents at war.

dan got up, shifting his weight to each foot with every step. the closer he got, the closer he'd be out of here.

-

"daniel howell."

his throat scratched as he thanked his principle for the diploma. everyones eyes watched him as he walked up on stage, he could hear louise and dodie still cheering for him.

everybody had sappy and cute speeches. dodie said things about how everyone impacted her life here and how important her teachers were.

dan had nothing to say, but he decided to go up to the podium, no flashcards or speech prepared. he just let his words flow.

"don't let the noise of others opinion drown out your inner voice. and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. they somehow already know what you truly want to become. everything else is secondary. don't cry because its over, smile because it happened. "

dan let out the breath he didn't know he was holding in, the crowd erupted into cheers and claps. some whistling heard from dans friends.

he walked off the stage, and saw louise smiling brightly from one of the back rows.

-

flashback

"dan! lets go to the duck pond, apparently there is a bunch of swans." louise smiled, grabbing dans hand running to their bikes.