Chapter 29

Lucy's P.O.V

I stared at Dr. Kaberhorn with hopeful yet fearful eyes. "Please tell me that my baby is okay." I plead. His eyes filled with relief. "Your daughter is in stable condition but you should keep a close eye on her once you take her home." Tears flooded my eyes as I relished his words. My baby girl is okay! Oh thank God!

I looked to Natsu to see him crying too. He noticed me looking and wrapped me in a warm embrace. After about 20 minutes of snot  wiping and sucking face the gang arrived and entered the hospital room. "Lucy-OH MY GAWD BABY." Levy squealed. running to the bassinet "He or She?" She asked staring at the baby with stars in her eyes. "He."  "Congrats Blondie. Goodluck with the snot-nose brat, gehee." He said with his usual giddy laugh. "I'm sure you'll be great parents!" Erza said also looking at the baby with excited eyes. "There's something that I need to tell yo-" Just then one of the nurses walks through the door with our baby girl. "Here she is!" She says and hands her off to me. "what." Gray says as he just looks around. "I was trying to tell you that it turns out, we had twins!" I say with a sheepish smile. With dumb founded faces they looked at the young infant until Levy and Mirajane start squealing.

"Omg, they can have matching clothes!" "Their names should be alike!" "They'll share a bed!" "And take baths together!" "And-" "Guys!" Natsu interrupts their rambling. They looked at us with stars in their eyes. "What are their names?" Gray asks. "We don't know yet." I say as I look to Natsu. "Let's name him Taeru." Natsu says, looking in the bassinet next to the other. "Wow, nimrod actually had a good idea for once." Gray said as a smug smile made its way to his face. "What did you say numb nuts?!" Natsu said nostrils flaring at the challenge.

Third P.O.V

"OI OI OI I JUST HAD TWINS AND YOU DECIDE TO YELL IN A HOSPITAL ROOM?!" Lucy yelled ironically.

"B-but you're also yellin-" "Gray don't argue with me." "Yes ma'am"

From that point on the group of friends talked, ate, and cooed over the babies until Lucy was allowed to leave the hospital with Taeru. Their baby girl had to stay a little longer for observation requested by the doctor.

After dressing herself and Taeru and kissing her baby girl, Lucy and Natsu took to the car and headed home. During the night, Lucy couldn't get a wink of sleep. Taeru kept waking up every two hours and also the wellbeing of her baby girl was weighing on her mind.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this took so long. I am a major procrastinator and am lazy asf. I have no sense of urgency so bear with me