Chapter 32

As I sit in the passenger seat on our way to the hospital, I can't help but look at the back seat. Two car seats but only one is occupied.

My little girl

"I swear to Mavis I will fart and roll up the windows if you don't stop being sad."

" -GASP- you'd never endanger our child like that." I place a hand over my chest in mock surprise.

"I won't hesitate b-"

"Oh my god!" I exclaim

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I say chuckling "Taeru's tounge is just hanging out of his mouth." I can't help but laugh at my sleeping child. Not even 5 seconds later he starts to cry.

"Geez handle your son Natsu." I saw as reach to the back to calm Taeru. "HE'S YOUR SON TOO and he's probably just hungry. Whip out the tits Luce." He says in all seriousness and he focuses on the road.

"I-I don't- did yo- nope." I give up and crawl to the back to feed MY son.

~

We finally reach the hospital and Natsu carries Taeru's carrier inside while I check in.
A nurse comes to escort us to the infant ward where Dr. Kaberhorn most likely is.

When we arrive I see Dr. Kaberhorn looking over Emiko and checking her vitals. She looks so much better than before. More peaceful. 

"Ahh Lucy, Natsu! How are you?" Dr. Kaberhorn exclaims quietly, careful not to disturb the children.

"Much better now." I say still looking at Emiko. "How is she?"

"Well, she hasn't had another episode of those seizures from before and her vitals are and have been stable since she got here.

"That's a relief." I say walking up to the side of the bassinet where she's laying. She looks up at me with large, brown eyes and my heart swells.

"Do you know why she had those seizures, Doctor?" Natsu asks as he takes Taeru out of the carrier as he starts to whine.

"Well we ran a series of tests and found excessive nerve cell activity in the brain. The excessive activity causes disturbance in the brain and causes the seizures. You may know this as Epilepsy." Dr. Kaberhorn explains.

"Is it life threatening?" Natsu asks.

"In some cases it can be. Episodes of seizures that last longer than five minutes maybe be in status of epilepticus. Other than that, most episodes don't require emergency attention." He explains with a thoughtful look.

"Alright then. I'll unhook little Emiko from the heart monitor and you guys can get her situated while I fetch her release papers and some additional information for mom and dad. Okay?" Dr. Kaberhorn says as he unhooks the machine.

"Alright, thank you so much Doctor!" I say as he turns to leave.

"Ohhhh I can bring my baby home todayyyy!!" I can't help but squeal as I pick Emiko up.

"She's mine too!" Natsu whines

"Ohhh hush I know." I retort as I continue to coo over Emiko.

A little later after Emiko and Taeru are asleep and fastened in their car seats, Dr. Kaberhorn comes in the room with the release forms and information on Epilepsy and how to act when Emiko has an episode.

We thanked him once again and left the hospital. I sat in the back with the twins and watched.

I couldn't help but to think about how lucky we are.

I didn't know how to end this chapter so it's a little awkward but here it is!