Chapter 2

I walked out of my classroom after my big test KNOWING I failed it. I had never failed anything in my life before. I wasn’t going to have a life after this. My mom was going to kill me.

“Violet, calm your tits. It’ll be fine.” My best friend Maci said to me, “I’m sure you didn’t actually fail.”

“Uhh I didn’t answer half the questions because I couldn’t stop thinking about Cameron Dallas. I have a problem.”

Maci was far more ‘experienced’ in life than I was, mostly because I was pretty sure she didn’t have a soul and therefore wasn’t scared to do anything. “He does have a nice ass…” She said falling into her own thoughts.

Then I started thinking about Cam’s ass. Oh how nice it was indeed.

Suddenly I ran into a wall. That was weird. Last time I checked there weren’t any walls in the middle of the hallway...

The wall turned around reveling itself to be Nash. “Watch where you’re going,” he growled at me.

“Watch where you’re standing,” I shot back at him as Maci and I maneuvered around him and continued down the hall to our next class.

“You know who also has a nice ass?” Maci said looking back at Nash.

“If you say Nash, I’ll punch you,” I threatened.

“Fine, fine, fine.” She said defensively.

We walked into our English class to find a lovely note written on the chalk board: new seating assignments! There was a diagram of the classroom on a piece of paper posted below with everyone’s names and where they were sitting.

It took me a while to find mine, but when I did I wanted to throw up. This day couldn’t get any worse. I was sitting next to nash. I sulked back to my new seat and sat down. Ugh.

He came walking in a minute later with some girl attached to his hip. Gross. I put my head in my hand and waited for the awful confrontation that was about to occur.

Nash walked over to his desk and threw his books down. He took a seat and didn’t even look at me. Fine by me. I actually preferred it that way. The bell rang and my teacher came walking in.

Mr. Roberts. Ugh, he creeped me out. I tried to avoid ever having to talk to him; there was just something about him that bothered me.

“Class! I’ve got some good news!” He took a swig out of his coffee mug, “I hope you like you’re seat partner, because you two are now partners for the next big project.”

What.

Nash and I looked at each other and then we both shot our hands in the air.

Mr. Roberts looked a little surprised, “Wow! I don’t think either of you has ever said anything in class before.” I may have been a ‘nerd’ but I didn’t like talking in class. I felt like everyone was always judging me. And Nash, well he was to ‘cool’ for school.

He called on Nash first, “I can’t work with her.” He said.

“Any why not?” Mr. Roberts asked.

“She’s just so bossy and annoying. It’s not good for my health.” I wasn’t bossy or annoying he just brought out the worst in me.  

Mr. Roberts rolled his eyes, “And Violet, why can’t you work with Nash?”

“He’s not going to do anything; he’s going to make me do all the good work and piggy back off of MY grade.” I said.

Mr. Roberts shook his head, “That’s not going to happen, Nash is a good student. And besides, I like the two of you together. It’s an interesting pair, I mean look! It’s already got both of you participating in class! That’s a first!”

Mr. Roberts had made his mind up, and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it.

I felt like I was in some cliché movie. If Nash suddenly fell in love with me, we were going to have a problem.