Chapter 8

Nash and I decided we weren’t going to start pulling any ‘girlfriend/boyfriend’ things until this big party that was happening Friday night.

That was fine with me, I was really nervous about the whole thing anyway. I didn’t see how it was going to work, but Nash was Cameron’s best friend… so I guess I trusted him.

We finally arrived at the place where they were gonna film and I was shocked because there were tons of random girls there to watch I guessed. They all shot me death glares as I got out of the car with Nash.

“Don’t worry about them,” Nash said as he put his hand on my lower back and led me to the other boys.

“Hey, Vi,” Cameron said to me. I realized Nash’s hand was still on my back; maybe he did have a point.

Ok. Mature. Experienced. I tried to convey all of that into a simple, “Hey!”

After that Cameron ignored me, but he was pretty busy running around with Matt, Nash, and Taylor filming their video.

All the other girls kept staring at me, but I did my best to ignore them.

I started laughing even harder when the boys broke out eggs and were throwing them at each other. While I was watching Taylor run around, I suddenly felt an egg thrown at me. I looked up to see that Nash was the one to throw it. “Pay back’s a bitch.” He shrugged.

“You’re such a dick!” I yelled and stood up, remembering when I threw an egg at him the other day. I grabbed some of the excess egg that was on me and threw it at him.

Nash kept laughing hysterically. I found an abandoned egg carton with eggs left and started pelting them at him. Seconds later we found ourselves in an all-out war.

I was laughing so hard I was seriously expecting a six-pack when I got home. Nash threw his last egg at me when Cameron came up behind me and picked me up by the waist. He started twirling me around and I was in heaven.

“Cameron! Put me down!” I screamed, not meaning a word. He set me down and then cracked an egg on my head, “You’re such a douche!” I said playfully slapping him on his arm.

He started to pretend to cry, “Violet… that really hurt!”

I rolled my eyes laughing. He joined in too. His laugh was like angles singing; I nearly collapsed at his perfection.

After they had finished filming and had ‘cleaned up’ Cameron walked over to me and handed me a towel. I gladly accepted and started cleaning off some of the egg.

“So, you’re coming to the party Friday, right?” He asked me.

I counted to two before I said anything, I didn’t want to seem to eager, “Yeah! I can’t wait!”

A gorgeous smile spread across his face, “Good!” Then he walked away and went to talk to Matt.

Nash walked over to me; he didn’t seem to be in as good of a mood as he was earlier. “You ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, but what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” he said a little too quickly.

“Nash…”

“V, nothing’s wrong! I saw you talking to Cameron, how’d that go?” He raised one eyebrow.

My heart fluttered remembering, “Great! He asked if I was going to the party Friday!”

Nash just nodded. We got back in his car and drove home in silence.