Ten Sheep

I never stop to think about them.

The laughter we shared. The anger we fired at each other. When one supported the other.

They knew how I felt when we first saw each other I think.

When we first met, I never said a word, only playing my game while they colored away on a beautiful drawing.

I recognize the person they was coloring in.

I was too scared to talk to them though. But when I did my whisper of that person's name, they slammed their hands on the wooden table and stared at me.

I did something wrong. I knew I did. I went back to playing my game, with the feeling of tears coming on until I heard them speak.

It wasn't long until we started talking. Getting along. Friendly. Even we dated each other.

That is where it went wrong.

I had so many nonexistent problems in my life I never noticed them until she yelled at me for it.

And I still made up "what if"'s.

She was done with me. I forgot she said that she was going to ignore me.

So the next day I was scared, and wondering why she never spoke to me, when I did to her.

I grew more into my sadness and fear of something that wasn't there. And I had no one to go to for it.

It wasn't long until I told someone, and they did what I didn't want them to do.

Talk to her about it.

We had another fight. They were sorry for something I didn't remember.

What happened afterwards, is a mystery. That sheep left my mind and I never found it again.

It left me, like they left me. Without seeing their smile again, I grew more distant.

I would cry for no reason.

I would cry to sleep almost every night.

I got worse of taking care of myself.

And I never got better.