Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ivan’s POV

Almost a week had passed by and true to his words, Gavin didn’t do anything futher than touching and kissing. And somehow I felt warmed by his gesture. However, I was a guy too so I knew that we would cave in soon. But for now, this was all that mattered.

Blake and Clyde were coming back tonight and it was only one in the afternoon and I was waiting for Gavin outside my faculty as we promised to get lunch together. So far there had been no sightings of the stalker and only after I assured Gavin that he let me wait for him outside like this. Previously, he personally came to the laboratory since his research laboratory was on the next building to mine to fetch me to lunch, dinner and even back home. Or if he wasn’t around, I had to move with my fellow researchers.

They were quite understandable about the way Gavin was so overprotective of me but not without a few tease or two and frankly I was fine with it. It was not getting in the way of our work anyway.

“Hey,” I felt a hand crawled on my shoulder and while I was turning my head to look back, Gavin placed a kiss on my cheek. “Sorry I was late. Printer was acting up,” he said. I smiled and took his hands as we walked towards his car. “It’s fine. I didn’t wait that long anyway,” I said.

We drove to the same restaurant he took me to the day we sent Blake and Clyde at the airport. It was named Ambrosia and I did agree that the food was so delicious as if it was meant for the gods.

And as usual, we just stride in without having to be asked if we had a reservation or not since it was owned by Gavin’s family.

We sat at our usual balcony table and I ordered seafood pasta while Gavin ordered baked turkey and a bowl of caesar’s salad for two. As soon as the waiter turned around, he quickly grabbed both of my hands and kissed them repeatedly.

I blushed but smiled at that. “We only met this morning,” I said.

He didn’t stop but continued kissing my hands. “But I missed you already.”

I sighed in defeat. “Blake and Clyde’s are coming home tonight.” I said softly, waiting for his reaction. He paused and looked up at me.

“What time do you get off work?” he said suddenly.

“Uhh…my part should be finished by 3. Why?” I answered, feeling confused which I could tell it was displayed on my face as well. He smiled. “Then, I’ll be done at 3 too.”

“What? Why? What happened?” I asked, leaning forward the table suddenly feeling alarmed.

“Well, since Blake’s coming back I won’t have much time to hang out with you anymore at your home. So I’m going to spend time with you until it’s time for us to fetch them,” he simply said and thanked the waiter who arrived with our order.

“By the way, did you tell Blake about us?” he asked. I blushed and shook my head slowly. “I want to tell him once we go get them. So it’ll be a surprise. I can already hear his nagging voice,” I answered. I looked up at him. “You don’t think I didn’t tell him because I’d be emb—“

He waved both of his hands. “No! No! None of that. Because I figured you’d want it to be a surprise. I didn’t tell Clyde either, even though he’s my best friend. It feels…kind of naughty to date you behind people,” he said and winked at me. I just chuckled at that and shook my head and disbelief. I did understand what he meant though.

It was like sneaking to go out in the middle of the night without your parents’ knowledge. The rush you were getting were making you high and excited.