Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Gavin’s POV

My arm was already red from getting smacked by Ivan this morning. He didn’t do it once, though. He did it repeatedly. Only because he couldn’t stand me fidgeting and pacing around the room waiting for that phone call. Today was the day of the result coming out and all participants would be contacted whether they got a part or not. My hands were sweating and cold.

Ivan sighed and pulled me down with him on the bed. He pulled me up so my head was leaning against his shoulder and his arms wrapped around my torso, his legs sprawled on my sides. He patted my stomach, calming me down.

“Calm down, you’re gonna pass out if you’re too nervous,” he said, feeling him kissing the top of my head. He had slowly starting to be touchy feely lately and I was happy with that. I sighed nervously, his warm hands soothed my cold ones. I brought them up and kissed his fingers. “Can’t help it,” I answered.

I heard he chuckled. We both simultaneously jumped at the sound of my phone ringing on the bedside table. I stared at him and he stared back at me and reached for the phone. He looked down to see the caller’s name and passed it to me.

It was an identified number but I answered it anyway. “Hello? Yes, this is him.”

I stared at Ivan the whole time I was talking on the phone, answering and asking few things for confirmation. I knew I was expressive and Ivan seemed to pick up on it as he grabbed my other hand and death gripped it with a broad smile on his face.

“Yes. Thank you. Good day to you too.” I said to the phone and pressed the hang up button. I sighed while rubbing my face with my hand. I felt Ivan tugged my hand, sitting cross legged across me on the bed and I smiled.

“I MADE IT!” I fist pumped into the air and Ivan clapped happily in awe. He jumped and hugged me and I fell backwards towards the bed. “Congratulations! I knew you can do it!” he said. I returned his hug and rolled us sideways so I was on top of him. I made it, I thought. I finally made it! I started to kiss Ivan’s face all over and he made cute giggles that made me loved him even more.

“So, when are you going? How long will it takes?” he asked, beaming a smile. Thought I sensed a forlorn hint underneath his question. I leaned up with my elbows supporting my weight and I stared down at him. His face was flushed from the excitement and I smiled at that. “The trip will take about 8 months but before that I have to go for a terrain training for 3 months. I’m leaving in a week,” I answered, preparing for a dejected or some sort.

To my surprise, he smiled and pulled me down for another kiss. “You’re still going to go even if I tell you to stay,” he said. It was a statement and I realized he understood my passion for this. I nodded, like a child. My family knew my interest, my passion but I always felt like they didn’t understand how deep it was. But the way Ivan stared longingly at me told me everything.

He understood.

He would let me go for me to pursue my passion.

And he would stay and wait for me.

As if reading what I was thinking, he pulled me down for another deep kiss. “One week is a short time, though,” he gasped between our kisses. I grinned apologetically at him. “The training is in Caldora,” I said. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. “You’re going hiking?” he ran his fingers through my hair as I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I chuckled at that. “More like stamina building. We need to be trained how to survive in harsh weather conditions, especially near the mountain. Then we need to go scale the caves,” I replied, kissing his neck softly. I felt him shiver at that.