Chapter 20

I woke up ready for school. Today I just didn't seem to have much energy or had any motivation to get out of bed. I was just in one of those moods, where im just so lazy that I can't be bothered to do anything. I could hear my mother yelling at me to get ready or I'm going to be late. I finally decide to get out of bed and slow put my uniform on. I was not in the mood to do a full face of makeup but i just sucked it up and effortlessly put it on. I finally finished and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked okay. I grabbed my bag and headed to the kitchen.

"I've been calling your name for ages what took you so long to get ready?" My mother stated.

"Sorry I think I must of slept through my alarm," I said.

"You all good, you seem down," My mother said rubbing my shoulder.

"Oh I'm fine, I'm just really tired and unmotivated for anything today," I said half smiling at her.

"Oh I understand I get in moods like that. You'll be fine, just try not to fall asleep in class," she said with a laugh. I smiled. 

We got in the car and made our way to school. She pulled up at the front and gave me a quick hug before I got out. I walked up the stairs to see Blair standing at the entrances waiting for me.

"Hey love, you looking down today, everything okay?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'm just in a really down mood and I'm not sure why," I said shrugging.

"Oh I get you, I get in those moods from time to time, you'll be fine. I'll make sure you are fine." She said giving me a big hug. I look in the corner of my eye and see Chuck staring at me. I can tell he notices I'm not myself today. As much as I want to go back I've given him chance after chance to make it work but something also messes it up. If I give him one more chance he would break my heart once again and I can't go through with that. But deep down inside I really do. God what am I saying? I shake my head and walk to class. 

The day felt like it was dragging on forever. It felt like it was going to end and but it just kept going on and on and on. Finally the bell rang for the end of the day and I could not wait to get out of there. I grabbed my bag and literally ran out of class. I could not wait to get home and in my bed where I could just sleep for as long as I wanted. I literally was power walking out of school when I bumped into someone and dropped all my stuff. I look up and its Nate.

"Dang, you are in a hurry," He said helping me pick up my things.

"Oh sorry, I must of been too focused on getting out of here, that I wasn't watching what I was doing," I kind of half laughed.

"Same, I'm so sick of high school. I just want to graduate already." He says laughing. I laugh with him. We finally stand up and he gives me the books I dropped.

"Sorry again" I say.

"It's completing, I love it when girls fall for me," He says smirking. I give him little shove and walk away. I look over and Chuck is standing at the front gate. I pray he doesn't say anything to me. I try to walk past as fast as I can.

"Hey Chloe," He says. So close. I was so close to getting out of here. I turn around not in the mood to talk to him.

"Hi..Chuck," I say not making eye contact with him.

"Everything okay? You didn't look to happy today," He says smiling. God I loved it when he smiled.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine just tired from school," I said.

"Well, I was gonna invite you over to cheer you up but if your fine then you don't have too," He said. 

"You better not be inviting me over to toy with me or try and make me one of those girls you bring back to your place because it didn't end up well last time," I said angrily. 

"Woahhhhh no no, I'm just trying to start us over, as friends and hopefully potentially be more but obviously start of as friends," He smiled. I thought for a moment.

"Okay I can be your friend, fine I'll come over, but as a friend nothing more," I say giving him a smile.

"Perfect, we can get a ride in the limo and we can just watch some movies," He said.

"Sounds good," I said