Chapter Seven

An hour later Artemis was deemed able to walk. Desperate to get out, she scrambled out of the bed and into the door, she fumbled for the handle and let herself out. It was glorious to be outside and she sat for a while on the wooden steps, swinging her legs and basking in the sunlight. She saw storm clouds scud around the clear blue above and smiled to herself. Shading her eyes with her hand she looked out to where the cabins were. The raindrop slid off her hand and plopped onto the tip of her nose. Artemis didn't think much of it, she'd had worse in England, but then, why wasn't anyone else getting wet?

"Hey!" That's not fair." She yelled up at the sky. The rain was pelting down now and her normally wavy hair was slick and plastered to her face. Campers had begun to point and laugh. Artemis felt something build inside her, behind her gut. She laughed sarcastically, her green eyes bright and sparkling in her pale face, and gestured towards the cabins. There was a rush of lake water and the rain petered out. Artemis shook her head, droplets of rain landing smartly around her, and met the eyes of every camper staring at her. She felt a rush of guilt and shame. Not now. Not again. What had she done?

~~~

So, basically the weather in England then? :-P so, what do you think Artemis has done? Think it's kinda mean the way the campers were treating her? Wait for the next installment to find out!

Tomorrow!

Bit cheesy that was, wasn't it? I'm not good at these author comments.

Vote, share, comment: but only if you feel I am worthy of your praise ;)

Have a nice day! X