Chapter 12: Alice

Chapter 12: Alice

*Riley's POV*

I woke up again around 7:30 still in Andy's bed wrapped in his gray sheets. At first I didn't think anything of it then I remembered... Andy wasn't here and he wouldn't be for months; almost instantly I felt myself shutting down, going numb again.

I got up and got in the shower taking way longer than normal just standing in the hot water letting the sadness wash over me. Eventually I dragged myself out threw on leggings and an Escape the Fate T-shirt pulling my hair back and skipping makeup all together.

I walked through the empty house with my earbuds in blasting my music on shuffle like I hadn't in weeks so I wouldn't have to listen to the silence. I didn't know what to do to keep myself busy while he was gone. I walked down stairs into the kitchen opening blinds as I went thinking maybe it wouldn't seem so depressing if it wasn't dark.

There was a note laying on the table, I picked it up sitting on the table (cause chairs are to mainstream) as I read it.

Riley,

I'm sorry I had to leave you. If I could I'd still have you in my arms right now. I left you my Batman shirt and I want to see pictures of you in it because you'd look adorable as always plus I'm going miss my shirt so I at least want to know you're making good use of having it. And just so you know I got a ride with Ash this morning so you still have the car. I suppose the only real reason for this is to say I'm sorry again and I love you more than you could ever know. Stay strong beautiful.

I promise you I will see you again,

Andy

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I read it. I put it down and pulled my phone out. I couldn't just be alone at least not on the first day. I sent a quick text to Alice my friend who had first introduced me to BVB.

To:Alice

Hey it's Riley haven't seen u 4 awhile was wonderin if u wanted 2 come over?

I got up walking into the living room. I was folding the blankets we had left out the night before when my phone started playing Morticians Daughter immediately bringing tears to my eyes. Not a good time phone.

I finished putting the couch back together and started picking up the shoes and jackets that lay by the door. Boring I know but it was something to keep my mind off Andy which was just what I needed. Hell when he did come home the place would probably be spotless and organized better than a library from over cleaning. My phone went off in my pocket and I pulled it out.

From: Alice

Sure ur parents out or somthin?

To:Alice

I moved out about a month ago.

I tucked my phone back in my pocket going upstairs I had to actually get ready if Alice was coming over. My phone went off again.

From: Alice

Why the hell didn't you tell me

To: Alice

Sry was busy. Wen do u wanna come over?

I didn't even have to wait for a response.

From: Alice

Asap what's ur address?

To:Alice

28753 Lincoln Avenue # 13

From:Alice

Wow high class be there in 20

I darted into my room, pulled on light gray skinnies leaving on my T-shirt but pulling it back with a hair tie. I flat ironed my hair and applied thick eyeliner before adding my bracelets.