Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Riley's POV

I woke up looking down at Andy's arm wrapped around my waist. Three red lines stood out against his almost transparent skin.

I ran my fingers over his wounds and he murmured in pain in his sleep. My arm next to his was a mess. I picked his knife up off the floor spinning it silently between my fingers I was debating just one more cut when Andy moved pulling it from my grip.

"You promised you wouldn't." He whispered.

I rolled over to look at him. "I can't help it. There's no better way."

He leaned down kissing me lightly before deepening it pulling me against him. We eventually broke apart gasping for breath I disentangled myself rolling off of him.

"Was that a better way?" He smiled cheekily.

"Much." I replied gasping for air. I laid my head on his chest looking up at him.

"You're so beautiful" he smiled brushing my hair away.

I smiled back at him. "You're the most amazing person I've ever met." I walked out into the waiting room hand in hand with Andy. My mother sat in the corner with bloodshot eyes a doctor sat next to her. In that instant I knew. Something was wrong. Something awful had happened.

"Mom what's wrong. What happened?" I ran to her kneeling in front of her.

"Your brother didn't make it through the night." She looked up at me tears streaming over her cheeks.

Andy's POV

"I think I'm going to take Riley home tonight and see if that helps." I told Riley's mom Heather the morning of Anthony's funeral. Sense we'd gotten back from the hospital three days ago Riley hadn't moved she wouldn't eat or talk or sing even when I'd told her she was scaring me and I just wanted to know she was alright. That usually worked with her.

"I think that would be best." She replied sadly "She's closer to you now a days than she is to me anyway."

"She still loves you more than you could even imagine. You should have seen the lights in her eyes when we decided to come out here for the holidays."

She smiled slightly looking up at me. "I'm sure it was nothing compared to the joy she got whenever she talked about you. I remember she would go on about you for ages saying how amazing you were and how you'd saved her life. She was so in love with just the idea of you. And now she's actually in love with you I never thought I'd see that day I thought it'd always just be her fantasy. You've gotta promise me you'll take care of her. She needs you Andy now more than ever."

"I'll be there for her. Forever and always." I glanced at the clock. 1 hour till we had to go. "I'm gonna try to get her up."

I walked into the dark bedroom sighing when I saw her. My hoodie sleeve was pushed up above her elbow fresh blood glistening on her arm. With each passing day her collection of scars grew at the moment I wasn't trying to stop her even though it was killing me. She wouldn't even talk to me there was no way I could work with her when she was like that.

"Sweet heart we have to go in an hour" I rubbed circles on her back and she stirred. "You just shower I'll do everything else okay?"

"Okay Andy" her voice came out low and rough. I went down stairs starting lemon herb tea for Riley's voice. Now that she was recording she really tried to watch it.

"Here come sit" I walked back into the room after she'd showered handing Riley the tea and bringing her to the dressing table opening the curtains.