Chapter1

I wake up to the smell of bacon. Luke loved bacon. That ridiculous smile he would put on his face everytime I cooked him bacon. I could almost feel his presence as I remember how he would come behind me and wrap his arms around me and whisper into my ear, "I love you." Those three words were everything. The way he would say it would fill me with so much joy. But now as I remember those words they pain me. They remind me of what I lost. He's gone, and it was all my fault.
        I'm broken out of my trance by a low masculine voice. "Hey...Luciana!Earth to Luz!"Fuck. I almost forgot about the guy I met at the bar. What the heck was his name? Mark? Cole?
         "Huh...sorry what'd you say?" He has bold green eyes and dirty blonde hair. His face is defined and I gotta admit he has a pretty sexy body . What am I saying, I need to get out of here. Sure he's pretty hot and all but i can't have a relationship with him, or anyone for that matter. He's not Luke, thats the thing. No one will ever be as good as Luke.
          "I made breakfast if you want so..." I cut him off I cannot stay here any longer. "No, thanks. Actually I'm going to head out. I have an interview and I cannot afford to be late" I lied.
         "Oh..Well I sure did have an amazing night last night. You were quite the entertainment" He winks at me and I roll my eyes. He chuckles and he watches me as I gather my things together. I then realize I rode with him and my car is back at the bar. "Um do you think you can drive me back to my car" I ask and my cheeks flush. He laughs and grabs his keys. "Come on. Wouldn't want you to be late." He laughs again and this time I join him.
Once we get in his car, he turns the radio up. I met you in the dark. You lit me up. You made me feel as though I was enough. We danced the night awa... I quickly turned the radio off as the memories that came with this very song began flooding through my head. "I love you Luz. Damnit I love you so god damn much. I am so crazy in love with you" My heart is pounding out of my chest as we dance. I just look at him and open my mouth to say something but I cant bring myself to speak. He frowns. "It's okay if you dont feel the same. I just thought you deserved to kn..." I grab his sexy face and kiss him. He kisses me back and after a while I pull away and look him in his grey blue eyes. "I was beginning to wonder when you'd say those words." Luke laughs and pulls me into his chest. "I love you Luz." "I love you Luke."
"Im guessing you must really hate that song." The guy I have come to know is actually Bryan, laughs. I roll my eyes. "More than you can imagine." But it's not true I love that song. Luke and I danced to that song the first time he told me he loved me. I lay my head on the window and replay that magnificent night in my head.
After five minutes, Bryan breaks the silence. "Well, here we are." And it takes me a while to realize we're at the bar. "Thank you" I start to get out the car but he grabs my wrist and stops me. "Well hold up. I dont even have your number." He laughs and I stay quiet. Bryan continues, "I really like you and I'd like to take you out on a formal date." I'm shocked, but I cant date anyone. Luke was my one and only I can't break my guard and let anyone else in. I don't ever want to feel this pain again once it goes away. That's if it ever does go away. "I dont think that's a great idea," I say as confusion crosses his face and I scurry into my car.