Chapter7

I walk into Ellie's and sit down on the stool. "What can I get you hun?"
     "A shot, please" And so I drink and drink and drink. Its the only way I know of that can ease the pain.
        Zach's Pov:
Where the hell did she go? Ive been walking around looking for about what seems like an hour already. That kiss. It was amazing holy fuck. I've never felt this way about anyone. I never even tried to have a relationship with anyone yet here I am, looking for Luz. I dont know what it is about her, but ever since I ran into her, I cant stop thinking about her. I cant find her and Im getting more worried by the minute. Her friend! Cassy? She might know where Luz is!
        I run back to the party and look frantically for Cassy. I finally spot her with a group of girls and call her name.
        She turns around," Hey you must be Zach!" How does she know me? My cheeks flush at the thought of Luz talking about me. Stop it!
        "Yea... Um you dont happen to know where Luz is right?" I try to grin but fail. Fuck im so worried.
         She cocks her head to the side, "What do you mean?"
         I then explain to her about the park.. and the kiss.
         Her mouth hangs open, and she finally talks, "Go to Ellie's, the bar. If I know Luz she's got to be there. Please don't let her go home with another guy. I fucking hate when she does that." I bolt out the party and into my car. I put in the directions to Ellie's and head out.
            Cassy's words repeat in my head, "another guy." What the hell does that mean? The thought of Luz with other guys angers me. Weird.
             As I walk into the bar, I see her. My eyes widen when I realize she's not alone. Some guy is feeling her up and something boils inside me. Anger? Jealousy? Confusion? I walk up towards the guy and before I can even think, my fist is connecting to his jaw. He falls to the ground and I grab Luz's hand, leading her out the bar.
            She slurs," Wh..Whattt aree you doing heree?" She laughs and throws up. I keep her hair out the way while she throws up and I rub her back.
            She gets up and I lead her to my car. I hesitate before talking," How much did you have to drink?" 
            She whines," Only six!" Oh god she's extremely drunk and I have to take her home. Though a part of me doesn't want to take her home. A part of me wants to take her back to my place and take care of her. Im an asshole, I have to take her home.
          "Where do you...." I stop when I look back at her and she's sound asleep. Well I guess my place it is.
           Minutes after finding her at the bar, I drive into my driveway and carry her inside. I lay her on my bed, pulling the covers over her and go to take a shower.
         When I come back, I find her in one of my shirts. My eyes widen at the sight. She's so god damn beautiful with her hazel eyes and long wavy brown hair. I cant help but find her freckles adorable. And that smile! Holy fucking hell it could bring people back to life. Hell it sure as brought me back from this hell Ive been living.
          "Hey" she shyly says.
           Jealousy overules me," Why do you do this? I mean , sleep with a lot of guys." Im such a dumbass! She's going to hate me for even asking! Hell she probably thinks that I think shes a hoe! Which I dont think at all!
            She sighs, " Do you really want know?" I nod and she frowns. Shit. I'm not sure I want to know. She looks up at me and I swear I see tears in her eyes. " I give myself to guys that dont matter, so that I can forget the only one who did." And suddenly Im angry. Who the fuck would have the nerve to hurt my Luz? I mean Luz...shes not mine...not yet anyway. And confusion? Who would be stupid enough to leave her? I mean look at her! She's every guys fucking dream!
        I sit down on my bed and pat the space next to me, gesturing her to sit with me. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and pull her in. She begins to cry into my shoulder and it pains me to see her this way.
        Minutes later she's asleep in my arms. I take the chance to admire her beauty, that most women would kill to have.
What is she doing to me? One look at her and my heart melts. One little touch by her, and I yearn for more. And that kiss. That kiss that made me believe that maybe my life doesn't have to be so fucked up. She makes me want to be happy. She makes me believe that I deserve better than this hell my father has forced me to live. With her, I forgot the painful past I had lived. I drift into my thoughts and pull Luz in closer to me, falling asleep.