Chapter8

My head is pounding. I make an effort to get up but can't. A pair of arms are wrapped around my waist, and I try to figure out who the hell I came home with. Zach! We were at the park, we talked and we kissed. I kissed him! Why would I do that? At the time my head was swirling with millions of thoughts and he just looked so god damn cute. I couldn't help it. I wanted him, I needed him. For the first time since Luke died, I was truly happy, and that scared me. It scared the living hell out of me, thats why I ran. I just panicked. But how the hell did I end up here, in bed with Zach? Oh no! We didnt! Oh god, maybe we did. I am such a fuck up! I swear! I may have ruined any chances in having a relationship with the one guy I like. Did I just admit to liking Zach? My cheeks flush as I reminisce last nights kiss. Fuck! I do like him.
         I turn my body, to look at his beautiful face, and Im surprised to see his eyes wide open. He smiles, "Good morning beautiful."
        I whine ," Definitely not a good morning. My head is pounding."
       He chuckles," Aw poor baby. Maybe if you haven't ran off and gotten wasted, you wouldnt be in this condition." I roll my eyes and slap his chest. Jeesus. I havent had the time to take in his naked chest. His body is muscular and toned. Instinctively I reach over and begin tracing the lines of his six pack with my fingers. He flinches at my touch and I pull back, realizing what I was just doing. Why can't I seem to control myself around him?
       I get up to look at the time." Oh fuck! I have morning classes! Im going to be late! Fuck fuck fu..." Zach puts his hands over my mouth, shutting me up.
       He laughs, " Calm down Luz. I called in sick for the both of us earlier this morning." My eyes widen and confusion takes over. He sighs," Besides your not in the right conditions to even go to class." He's right. I have a huge hangover. And I still dont even know what the hell happened last night, besides the kiss.
Curiousity empowers me, "Zach, did..did we...?" I dont even get to finish. His eyes widen and his cheeks turn red of embarrassment.
"Have sex? No!" I sigh in relief and he huffs. " Jeesus do you really think I'd take advantage of you like that? Im not like that Luz. Unlike maybe all your one night stands, I care for you, more than you think. And I trust you for some odd reason. I told you things about my past Ive never told anyone." He looks down and frowns.
What? He cares about me? Why would he care? I grab his hand in mine, " You do?" He looks up at me and his cheeks flush. I quickly remove my hand from his when I catch him staring at our latched hands.
He reaches for my hand and squeezes. "Luz, of course I do. I like you, and I mean a lot.." He smiles nervously," Would you maybe want to go see a movie tonight?" I stare at him, dumbfounded, at lost for words. Did Zach really just ask me out on a date? He looks at me as if awaiting an answer, and frowns. " You... you don't have to. I was just asking because you know I like you a lot and I dont know what I was expecting. Of course you wouldn't want to go with me. Im so dumb, how could a beautiful gir..." I cut him off, my lips on his. He just looked so sad, I had to take him out of his misery.
I pull away and he looks at me with a dumb smile on his face. I roll my eyes and giggle."Your cute when your nervous."
He raises his eyebrows in amusement, " Aw is that a yes baby?" Baby? That word alone sends a wave of butterflies through me.
I giggle," Yes, though I do prefer we stay here and rent movies babe." I emphasize "babe", and plant a kiss on his cheek. His eyes widen and he gulps. I laugh and walk out of the room.
       He follows me out, as I lay down on the couch, turning on the tv.
       "Im going to cook some breakfast, you hungry?" I glare at him and he throws his arms up in surrender. " Sorry baby! Of course your hungry."  I roll my eyes and stifle a laugh. He chuckles, walks into the kitchen, and begins to cook.
           Who knew Zach was much of a cook? The fact that he can cook is lowkey sexy as hell. But how good of a cook is he? I giggle and resume to finding a movie to watch.