Supplying

"Where are we going"? I asked him. He did not answer but he did turn on the radio to the news.

Serious infection going around stay indoors medical centers are open in border town and over hill. Please if you run in contact with any infected just run. *static*

I looked at my brother. He sighed "were going to border town" "but what about mom and dad"? I started to sob"we can't leave them!! I looked over at the door handle and started pulling it. It was locked.

I sat in the backseat sniffing silently as my brother drove with the gps on.
*************

The emergency lights in most city and stores were on. I had my face pressed against the glass looking at the streets there was traffic everywhere some cars had people honking their horns and some had abandoned their cars.

I rolled the window down and felt the cool breeze against my cheek. I turned to my brother who was staring at me awkwardly. "What are those things out there"? I said trying to cover up the silence. "Don't know" he replied.

One of the infected things came running to my window he stuck his head in and I quickly moved to the other seat. My brother turned around and gave be a hand gun I grabbed it and took the safety off I shot the thing in the arm.

The force knocked it down but it got back up. "Why isn't it dead"! I screamed over the sound of it snarling.
"Try the head" he said. I shot it in the head and it tumbled onto the floor it's body did not move anymore. I handed my brother his gun and he placed it into my pocket.

My dad taught me how to shoot a gun when I was six it took a lot of practice but I learned.

" I give up" my brother yelled he turned around to see if there were any cars behind us. They're were none. He put his foot on reverse and floored it. We drove out of the highway.

"Where are we going now"? I asked. "Home" he replied my face lit up once we got to our street it was filled with the infected people. I saw our house at the end of the street only a few infected were roaming around. My brother shot them causing more attention to us. We hopped out the car and my brother locked it. We raced into the house.

I saw my mom and my dad sitting with their hands cupped into their face.

"Mom dad"!!! I yelled